Cowboy boots with a suit ?

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
There isn't really a right or wrong answer to this situation. Too many variables to consider. Having been on both sides of the desk, I have seen some good things, and some that left me wondering what motivates some people!

Personally, I think you need to fit the attire to the job being sought after. Need to be well represented in clothes that fit, that are clean and pressed if need be and groomed accordingly. Beards and mustaches need to be trimmed and beat in appearance. Shoes, or boots should be clean and shined if needed.

Remember, there always exceptions to the rule as well. If you are well qualified, a good performer in your job field, great attitude and a good work ethic, somethings like exacting dress codes may be overlooked.

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
If you are well qualified, a good performer in your job field, great attitude and a good work ethic, somethings like exacting dress codes may be overlooked.
Exactly. I don't want to work any place they are more concerned with "look" than performance.

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
Fortunately, I have never had to wear a suit and tie as part of my work apparel. I very seldom wear a suit, ever. Occasionally for a funeral or wedding, I will wear a suit, and with boots usually.

Once I moved into management in the shops where I worked, I could sort of pick my own attire for work. Sometimes I would wear uniforms similar to the other guys in the shop, but on some occasions when in meetings with upper management, I usually wore company logo polo shirts slacks and nice loafers.

avvidclif

Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010
Aug 30, 2017
Van Zandt County
Zoot suits, y'all have fun. I have one and it's for funeralizing. Along with Justin Ropers. Come to think of it those were my uniform boots when I retired in '87. They had a few years of daily use on the then and still look good.

Top Bottom