• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If you are 20 years old you will still have to work, but you wouldn’t have to work that much, or for that long.

If you are 45+ you could be pretty much retired.

If you are a professional athlete, you would most likely be broke in less than a year

These guys piss their money away.
    Pro-athletes are akin to lottery winners - most wind up broke.

I read an article about an arena-league football player who signed a $100k contract a while back. He immediately went out and bought (2) Hummer H2’s @ $50k each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sure... A LOT of variables on the table.

Most pros get use to the extravagant lifestyle. Easy to go up, hard to come down.

I guess I ponder having "crazy money" and how I would handle it too often. I have the plan... just don't have the "crazy money."

Another huge problem for them is the leeches that suck them dry. Most are the only wealthy person in their family. Lots of stories floating around about that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Saw something today about this.
    He is claiming that it's all about using pot which is natural, in the place of opiods.
    So he is making a "stand".

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Low considering the most disheartening part of that story is the man is on opioids. Opioids are Satan's candy.
    Sounds he’s stumbled over the meds he needs. Prayers up for the young man. Not to even mention doctors have killed everybody I ever knew except on the DRT cases. They Killed my dear MIL most recentlly due to opiods. Actually it was the Tylenol acetaminophen addition which wrecked her liver. The analgesic narcotic itself seems pretty benign.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Yep sounds reasonable. One of my old pals has a kid who loves the stuff got himself a pretty good job at Amazon. They are pretty lenient and only do cheek swabs to check if they had done the dirty deed within 24 hrs. The knot head got nabbed breaking the rule. Decided to quit instead of coming up with any workable excuses. He needs a job if y’all know anybody who don’t mind folks doing that. Thanks

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    While I think it's stupid for David Irving to piss away $10 - $15 million he could have made over the next couple of years, I think the NFL's policy on weed is BS. I think they will change it soon, as I believe public sentiment towards pot has softened a lot in the last few years.

I hate to see a young man make a bad decision that keeps him from being financially set for life.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    That’s what I heard too. It’s apparently superior to Opiods for pain relief and to get type A hood rats with mental problems to chill out. Somebody needs to get Trump on the band wagon.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    While I think it's stupid for David Irving to piss away $10 - $15 million he could have made over the next couple of years, I think the NFL's policy on weed is BS. I think they will change it soon, as I believe public sentiment towards pot has softened a lot in the last few years.

I hate to see a young man make a bad decision that keeps him from being financially set for life.
    Yes and no. HE made the decision! And he probably knew the consequences beforehand!

Top Bottom