• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    We're screwed.
    Dr. Ben has the best chance of bringing the fence sitters to a real conservative.
    Crisco will bring the fence sitters, but he ain't no conservative.

Ted and Rand are well known and can't pull anyone from the left side of the middle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems like I've heard Carson speak before and liked what he was saying, but I can't remember the subject.

If Christi get it we will be running a liberal against a liberal and I'll vote 3rd part, even if I have to write in my dogs name.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Carson does not appear fond of the 2nd Adm. IMO, I would doubt many doctors are, but that is a guess.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Cruz/Paul ticket. If we can get out all of our own vote, there shouldn't be a problem. Sell the American dream through conservatism, don't bend the way the political class thinks we should. That just drives away conservatives and only wins minimal un decided votes.

Now that African Americans got some initial representation, maybe they will go for real direction. At least many of the conservative blacks will this time around. We have an alternative health care bill, contrast and sell....don't pander, but get passionate about what is real to people.

Christy ugh...go away!

Last edited:

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    I consider myself in the Majority, and I'll NEVER vote for Christie, or Romney, or McCain, or Dole, or any of the "middle of the road" or "moderate" candidates.
    I'm tired of it. Either give me a candidate that stands for something, or I'll vote Libertarian.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    CPAC is still largely run by the same Old Guard that put up McCain and Romney (and Cornyn, for that matter). Their main concern is keeping themselves in the feeding trough, not doing anything positive for the country. Vaquero's assessment is right on the money: We're screwed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm no fan of third parties, but if Christie gets the nomination, I don't see how I can vote for him. We need someone to confront the leviathan government, not just agree to smaller growth of the beast.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Probably not. I tend to remember politicians who are not supportive if 2A rights.

CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment? - Washington Times
    On the other side of the argument, there are reasonable people who look at the tens of thousands of people who are killed each year in this country by guns, and they do not feel that we are doing enough to stop the carnage.Many of them want to see significant restrictions on the distribution of firearms in our nation, and others want to restrict types and quantities of ammunition. Some would be happy just to make sure that all guns and gun owners are registered, and most reasonable people certainly are not in favor of allowing criminals and mentally unstable individuals to purchase firearms.
    If you subtract suicides, the number of individuals killed by guns in America is far less than the number killed by automobiles, yet the government does not tell people they can only buy approved types of automobiles with a limited horsepower — at least not yet.
    We do, however, require that anyone driving a car on the streets of our nation have a license to do so, indicating the successful completion of adequate training. We do not grant licenses to certain categories of individuals who would be deemed unsafe drivers. This is done for the safety of the public at large.
    Perhaps instead of getting into our corners and screaming at each other, it is time to engage in intelligent conversation about our desire to preserve the rights granted to American citizens by our Constitution while at the same time ensuring the safety of all of our citizens. The way we treat access to automobiles is a good starting point, although there is no perfect analogy. If we keep our goals in mind and dispose of ideological rhetoric, we can solve this problem.
    Ben S. Carson is professor emeritus of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Ben_Carson_Gun_Control.htm
    Appearing on Glenn Beck's radio show this past week, Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn't be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities. Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: "There's a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons."
    But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    The fact that Christie is even on the board shows that we are screwed. The Doc is out as well bc he doesn't under "Shall not be infringed."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom