• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Sure fire are the industry standard for quality, shelf life and longevity. A little while back I bought a 12 pack of Rayovac lithiums. They seem to work just fine but hard to compare how long they will last vs surefire. I have also heard good things about panasonics if you can find them. SG(sportsmanguide)has the Rayovac 12 pks for under $30.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    OK subing to my thread. Just ordered the following from Batteryjunction.com:

Titanium Innovations TITANIUM-CR123A 20 @ 0.98
    CR123A 3V Lithium Photo
    Battery 1400mah

These batteries got good reviews, and I have some Surefires left to compare em to.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Hell, worse case scenario - Lowes sells 2 packs of Surefires for $4.99. I typically buy a pack from them here or there. The wife seems to not complain much that way - as opposed to 1 big order online...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Holy shit! Walgreens had a 2 pack of energizers for 15!! I got ripped.

I know, I missed the memo too. I was about to get a new flashlight that ran off AAs or AAAs instead because batteries were getting expensive. Then I figured out I was just a moron for paying $7 each for batteries.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Get an 18650 lithium ion rechargable and a charger, if your flashlight supports that battery type (basically, like two 123s stacked on top of each other). Then, no more worries. Just charge and go...

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Get an 18650 lithium ion rechargable and a charger, if your flashlight supports that battery type (basically, like two 123s stacked on top of each other). Then, no more worries. Just charge and go...

You can get rechargeable RC123s as well. If you do go for rechargeable no matter what size I recommend AW brand. They are rated less mAh but they don't inflate their stats. I guarantee they will out last any other brand ratted higher. I like to get mine from lighthouse.com good service and fast shipping as they are located in Houston.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    You can get rechargeable RC123s as well. If you do go for rechargeable no matter what size I recommend AW brand. They are rated less mAh but they don't inflate their stats. I guarantee they will out last any other brand ratted higher. I like to get mine from lighthouse.com good service and fast shipping as they are located in Houston.

Yes, but your light must support the extra voltage.

A primary 123 is 3 volts. A rechargable 123 is 3.7 volts, but is actually close to 4.2 when completely charged.

2x3=6

2x4.2 is 8.4. You will blow many LEDs if they don't support this. My Lumapower Trust 2 does support them, so I have them in that light.

The 18650s are 3.7v (4.2 totally charged). But, there is only 1 of them. So, you won't blow the light.

Just an FYI

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Yes, but your light must support the extra voltage.

A primary 123 is 3 volts. A rechargable 123 is 3.7 volts, but is actually close to 4.2 when completely charged.

2x3=6

2x4.2 is 8.4. You will blow many LEDs if they don't support this. My Lumapower Trust 2 does support them, so I have them in that light.

The 18650s are 3.7v (4.2 totally charged). But, there is only 1 of them. So, you won't blow the light.

Just an FYI

You can find the RC123s in 3.0v but not AW brand.

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    my local gun store is selling 12 surefire in box for $24 bucks that is a good price. Surefire has more juice than others somehow... Also. Stay away from cheap china cr123 batteries... not worth it..

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Surefire or Energizer lithium are the 2 I have found to last the longest. All CR123's I have tried get super hot after being on for prolonged periods.

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    From my experience in the desert (thus current as Im still here) Im lucky if my surefire 123s last 30min if Im lucky before it goes DIM AS HECK and is no longer usable, unless its to find new batteries. Ive gone through 6 in one night trying to do my job. Panasonic batteries seem to last quite a bit longer.

Due to the terrible battery life I ended up purchasing a Coast LED flashlight that takes 3 regular AAA batteries and has 42hrs of battery life. Here is something similar but has 64 hours of life and 200 lumens of light output:

Amazon.com: Coast LED Lenser HP8420 LED Lenser Focusing LED Flashlight T7: Home Improvement

Also, you wont fry your hand with this light like the surefire flashlight I have after five minutes lol

Top Bottom