DK Firearms

Crazifornia and their OVER-REGULATION....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I read a pc from a Victor Davis hanson story and it got me to thinking how much Sh-t ol Cali-kasik-stan-fornia CONTINUES to over-regulate over there!!. here's a partial read from the article.

"California does not care whether one broke the law to arrive here or continues to break it by staying. It asks nothing of the illegal immigrant — no proficiency in English, no acquaintance with American history and values, no proof of income, no record of education or skills. It does provide all the public assistance that it can afford (and more that it borrows for), and apparently waives enforcement of most of California’s burdensome regulations and civic statutes that increasingly have plagued productive citizens to the point of driving them out".

"How odd that we overregulate those who are citizens and have capital to the point of banishing them from the state, but do not regulate those who are aliens and without capital to the point of encouraging millions more to follow in their footsteps. How odd — to paraphrase what Critias once said of ancient Sparta — that California is at once both the nation’s most unfree and most free state, the most repressed and the wildest".

and then i figured i'd make a list.... here's some of the stupidest ones i could find so far!! please feel free to add to the list cause im sure there are 1000 more.

They REGULATE or MANDATED:

1- the type of toilet you can put in your home. 1-1/2 gals.
    2- light bulbs you may use.
    3- Plasma Televisions may not have over 40" screens.
    4- no mail-order or online ammo purchases.
    5- gun magazines are capped to 10 rds.
    ARJ Defense ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It goes even further than that. The overreaching government in that state drove me out. It was either that or armed insurrection, and I couldn't get a big enough group together.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    It goes even further than that. The overreaching government in that state drove me out. It was either that or armed insurrection, and I couldn't get a big enough group together.

Damn people just cant understand WTF Thomas Jefferson was talking about.
    Now I know why everything in California keeps burning up. They didnt water the tree of liberty.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    They tried to place state-controlled thermostats in all homes, but thank goodness that measure failed. They did, however, pass legislation to ban fireplaces that burn wood in all new homes. Fireplaces for new homes can only burn gas.

On the illegal alien issue, I can give you an excellent example of how illegals get a pass and tax-paying, law abiding U.S. citizens get the shaft. In the town just south of me illegal aliens who work as day laborers gather at a parking area designated by the city for prospective employers to pick them up for a day's work. Even though the city knows they're illegal and their mere presence is against federal law, they dismiss it as "a federal issue." Meanwhile, in the same city I received a cell phone call in my car and figured I'd be safe and pull over in a parking lot to take the call (it was nighttime). Next thing I know the lights go on and a local LEO starts reading me the riot act, asking me why I can't read the sign (located 30 feet away, with print 3/8 inch high, and unlit) that says no parking after hours. He said it was a $60 ticket but let me go with a warning because, "I'm too tired to write it up, so it's your lucky night."

This is how it is in California, and it's even worse than that. I could go on. Be glad you don't live in this f****d up place!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is how it is in California, and it's even worse than that. I could go on. Be glad you don't live in this f****d up place!

I did live there and I'm supremely glad I left. I saw the stupidity on the wall when the .380 pistol I bought in 1980 (it was legal then) became a "Saturday Night Special" later (I forget the year when they passed the barrel length restriction) and was banned. There are no such restrictions (yet) in Nevada. Although with all the slime (read liberal assholes) pouring in from the Peoples' Яepublik of Kalifornia, Nevada gun owners are having to face more and more garbage being proposed by this incoming slime.

The fight continues.........

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    If it should be necessary that the United States be given an enema, California is where the little black plastic tip will be inserted ! Well maybe Washington until we are rid of obama and his chicken pluckers....

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Im actually proud/glad i was born and raised in California when it actually was a great state with awesome weather and scenery. but as the story goes, it just proves the point that LIBERALS RUIN EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH!!!!!! cause CA. used to be run by Conservatives 2-3 decades ago when it had a good economy etc.... and then the chicken pluckers moved in!!

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    It's funny, I'd never been to California in my life until recently. I arrived early 12/21/10 and got to sit through a few days of rain and mudslides in "Sunny" Oceanside and Vista (north of San Diego, think LegoLand). We had about 2 days of decent weather, with the beaches closed due to leaking sewage, then headed out. Now it's freaking SNOWING in Los Angeles?
    I'm glad my trip was 'free'!

Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Oh yeah, let's not forget that California recently dug up, re-animated, and re-elected the guy that inspired this song:

Listen to the lyrics! Freaking scary stuff!

Eli

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Lived in CA in short stints and prior to owning a gun. Great state to visit for a short time; a hell hole to live in. I was on the freeway and saw an old pickup truck with a bumper sticker with a Gadsden yellow background and big bold letters reading "EXTREMIST". I wanted to follow him, shake his hand, then ask why he was still in Soviet Bloc of America?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everything West of the San Andreas is falling into the ocean sooner than later.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was talking to my mom who still lives in California. She told me how she heard on the News that the rain they have been having ended a three year drought. She then proceed to say the only reason we were in a drought was the fact that all the Water from the North End of the state is being shipped South to LA.

If they were halfway smart, they would build more reservoirs and dams, instead of caring about some stupid grasshopper or fish.

I keep telling the to move to AZ, but they won't until they can sell the farm.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Lived in Oceanside for a year and a half right after I left the Marine Corps. I consider it a year and a half lost from my life. :-\

"F" that place! I'm glad I came back home to Texas.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They tried to place state-controlled thermostats in all homes, but thank goodness that measure failed. They did, however, pass legislation to ban fireplaces that burn wood in all new homes. Fireplaces for new homes can only burn gas.

On the illegal alien issue, I can give you an excellent example of how illegals get a pass and tax-paying, law abiding U.S. citizens get the shaft. In the town just south of me illegal aliens who work as day laborers gather at a parking area designated by the city for prospective employers to pick them up for a day's work. Even though the city knows they're illegal and their mere presence is against federal law, they dismiss it as "a federal issue." Meanwhile, in the same city I received a cell phone call in my car and figured I'd be safe and pull over in a parking lot to take the call (it was nighttime). Next thing I know the lights go on and a local LEO starts reading me the riot act, asking me why I can't read the sign (located 30 feet away, with print 3/8 inch high, and unlit) that says no parking after hours. He said it was a $60 ticket but let me go with a warning because, "I'm too tired to write it up, so it's your lucky night."

And in the Bay Area, they can fine you for burning wood in your fireplace on cold and damp nights. You know, nights when you'll need to burn wood? Their justification killed me - wood smoke from your chimney can kill people with asthma and emphysema. WTF!?

I'm not sure about that, but they sure as hell aren't prepared for a little rain! There's always 'drought' then when it does rain they try their best to make it flow into the Pacific as quickly as possible!

Eli

The only reason they keep saying they're in the middle of a drought (they've been saying this as long as I can remember, and I can remember back into the 80s) is because they don't want to admit that they live in the desert!

LA doesn't only siphon water from the North, it has its claws into aquifers in several other states. How I'd love to see the pipes closed and the freeways blocked.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's funny, I'd never been to California in my life until recently. I arrived early 12/21/10 and got to sit through a few days of rain and mudslides in "Sunny" Oceanside and Vista (north of San Diego, think LegoLand). We had about 2 days of decent weather, with the beaches closed due to leaking sewage, then headed out. Now it's freaking SNOWING in Los Angeles?
    I'm glad my trip was 'free'!

Eli

Just part of the 4 seasons there:

Fire
    Flood
    Earthquake
    Riot

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I did live there and I'm supremely glad I left. I saw the stupidity on the wall when the .380 pistol I bought in 1980 (it was legal then) became a "Saturday Night Special" later (I forget the year when they passed the barrel length restriction) and was banned. There are no such restrictions (yet) in Nevada. Although with all the slime (read liberal assholes) pouring in from the Peoples' Яepublik of Kalifornia, Nevada gun owners are having to face more and more garbage being proposed by this incoming slime.

The fight continues.........

Fight them tooth and nail, because if given a chance they'll take over and in a couple of decades turn Nevada into California East.

Top Bottom