• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I still don't understand how it's a brave statement. Doing something stupid for the attentions sake isn't brave. At least I don't think it is.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    There is an entire new wave of feminists who believe in rape culture, that women are equal to men yet all men are pigs, and see boogeymen everywhere. The don't shave their pits, don't use tampons, and go on slut-walks while carrying signs festooned with tautological truths that are glaringly erroneous. They brook no criticism, period, from anyone.

They are, in a word, nuts.

The feminists of many, many decades ago who fought for suffrage and equal pay are spinning in their graves.

If you want to keep your sanity intact or, at minimum, your blood pressure down, please do not google "third-wave feminism" and spend any time learning about the subject. It will make you despair for the future and, frankly, we already have enough reasons to do that.
    Indeed, those women don't want equality, they are vipers.

Double Action

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    I wonder what circuit is missing in Ms. tampon-free unibrow's brain to think this kind of stuff will change minds.
    Actually I guess it does change minds. Anyone who knows you no longer wants to be seen with you in public.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    About 20 years ago I worked for a company that employed about 75 people that came from India. It was their first time in the USA. Saying personal hygiene was not high on their daily list would be an understatement.

She being from India is not a surprise.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    There is an entire new wave of feminists who believe in rape culture, that women are equal to men yet all men are pigs, and see boogeymen everywhere. The don't shave their pits, don't use tampons, and go on slut-walks while carrying signs festooned with tautological truths that are glaringly erroneous. They brook no criticism, period, from anyone.

They are, in a word, nuts.

The feminists of many, many decades ago who fought for suffrage and equal pay are spinning in their graves.

If you want to keep your sanity intact or, at minimum, your blood pressure down, please do not google "third-wave feminism" and spend any time learning about the subject. It will make you despair for the future and, frankly, we already have enough reasons to do that.

Not quite the same, but close, as far as the future goes ...

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

Not quite the same, but close, as far as the future goes ...

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating
    The future? No, the well-established present.

I come at the subject from the tech angle. I've viewed social media as a trainwreck since it first appeared (no, I won't argue about when that actually was; I could point out online methods used to arrange hookups, just like Tinder, from over 20 years ago) and have studied it with a sort of morbid fascination. The days when your teens gathered in gaggles at the mall to check out the boys are past. Oh, they still show up...but they've already done their background work online.

Young adults are from another world. Leaving aside the crazy feminist viewpoints that launched this thread, the "normal" under-30 dating scene, in the jacked-in sectors of our culture, is already like something out of a dystopian novel of speculative fiction. Some of the stuff I've seen has left me slack-jawed in amazement and disbelief.

Or I'm just old.

Or both.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Or I'm just old.

Or both.

When I was in my 20's I was mad I missed out on the 60's and 70's as AIDS had killed off "free sex"

Now I'm just amazed at hookup culture. Of course working at a liberal arts college I can tell you there's a horrific downside to "third-wave feminism" if you're a frat boy.

So I guess I'm with you.

Top Bottom