• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/deputies-investigate-crosby-home-invasion

Cliff notes: burglar breaks into a truck around 2am. Neighbor to truck owner first confronts burglar with gun drawn and questions him. After giving BS response, owner exits house shortly after, also with gun. Burglar runs off, now exposed, with 9mm handgun stolen from truck. Said burglar comes back a few hours later and breaks into another home in the neighborhood. He's shot twice and sent to hospital.

Fine neighborhood and neighbors.

However, is Hoji validated via the don't leave guns in vehicles thread? LoL, it could have turned out badly at several moments throughout the night.
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In before the Alzheimer's addled seniors talking about how great it was 40 years ago, and that they will leave their deadly weapons any where they damned well please.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    297.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In before the Alzheimer's addled seniors talking about how great it was 40 years ago, and that they will leave their deadly weapons any where they damned well please.

While it may be sad that it isn't that way anymore, it's simply a fact of life. Like London, I never leave anything of value in a vehicle parked outside. Even the SAPD chief has stated if he could only get people to quite leaving valuables in their cars, and lock their doors, crime in this city would drop significantly.

However, knowing there was a weapon in the car would definitely change my approach to someone breaking into it. Luckily this turned out alright, it could have been much more worse...

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    While I totally agree with not leaving anything of value in a vehicle . . . don't imagine for one minute that will mean your vehicle won't be broken into. Thieves gonna thieve. They know they have to hit a certain number of vehicles to get what they want. They don't just break into vehicles where they can see something of value.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Someone stealing your gun because you are an irresponsible dickhead is a little different than stealing your Oakley shades hanging off your review.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Last warning. Let our resident loudmouth go. Do it now and and it will be quick. Delay, and you need to remember that I am O- and will keep you around until I get bored.
    Eh?

And don't forget to grab the garage door openers from your vehicles too...my father did and the garage was broken into at night. They never heard a thing.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Should have asked this in Hoji's questionnaire:

Hoji, what is your preferred brand of sunglass?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    40 years ago we used to leave guns hanging in the back window of our pick ups, while at school.

The other stuff depends on the region I guess. Out here, most folks leave the keys in their ignition overnight. But you have to get through the gates and the dogs without waking anyone up before you can steal anything.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom