• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    While it may be sad that it isn't that way anymore, it's simply a fact of life. Like London, I never leave anything of value in a vehicle parked outside. Even the SAPD chief has stated if he could only get people to quite leaving valuables in their cars, and lock their doors, crime in this city would drop significantly.

However, knowing there was a weapon in the car would definitely change my approach to someone breaking into it. Luckily this turned out alright, it could have been much more worse...

I can agree that removing valuables from cars would probably reduce the loss, however, for most of us the damage to the car is a bigger cost than anything they may have stolen. I am getting really tired of people blaming the victim rather than the criminal. There is no security device that is 100%, so at best you are making crime take a few extra seconds/minutes.
    Hurley's Gold

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    I can agree that removing valuables from cars would probably reduce the loss, however, for most of us the damage to the car is a bigger cost than anything they may have stolen. I am getting really tired of people blaming the victim rather than the criminal. There is no security device that is 100%, so at best you are making crime take a few extra seconds/minutes.
    Oh I'm not blaming the victim in this case. What is also important to evaluate, though, is the criminal had several opportunities to use the stolen gun on the neighborhood. What would have happened if the owner of the truck/gun hadn't come out seconds after his neighbor confronted? Leaving the confronting neighbor 1v1 with the crook may have had a different outcome....what if the home invasion victim didn't have a gun?

Most importantly, they all had guns there, so the outcome is a happy ending

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    While it may be sad that it isn't that way anymore, it's simply a fact of life. Like London, I never leave anything of value in a vehicle parked outside. Even the SAPD chief has stated if he could only get people to quite leaving valuables in their cars, and lock their doors, crime in this city would drop significantly.

Yeah.....and if all police departments disbanded, BLM would stop being a threat. That SA police chief doesn't know much about crime, does he?.....

Top Bottom