• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    My Facebook and NextDoor feeds are flooded with people whining about how cold it is and the ice. The schools closed in our area, business are shut down, etc. It's annoying. What grinds my gears the most about this is how people say "I don't have any experience driving in this", "it's dangerous", "I'm Texan and we don't do well in cold", etc. Really? So we haven't had snow, ice, cold weather EVER before the apocalypse of 2024? I feel like a lot of these people just want an excuse to call in to work and probably looking for relief checks.
    Guns International

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My Facebook and NextDoor feeds are flooded with people whining about how cold it is and the ice. The schools closed in our area, business are shut down, etc. It's annoying. What grinds my gears the most about this is how people say "I don't have any experience driving in this", "it's dangerous", "I'm Texan and we don't do well in cold", etc. Really? So we haven't had snow, ice, cold weather EVER before the apocalypse of 2024? I feel like a lot of these people just want an excuse to call in to work and probably looking for relief checks.
    Note: many are transplants and many have never seen or driven in the snow or ice much less heavy rains. Also the same people complain how far they have to drive in Texas. FK em!

zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    To be fair, I've lived all over and I moved BACK to Texas ~5 years ago. I spent time in the North for awhile for work and picked up driving skills on ice and snow. But, it's my rant and I'm sticking to it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Have you seen how people around here drive in ice? For most of the state it's a thing that happens every couple of years at most. Even in north Texas, it's a mess we deal with twice every winter or so. So no, people don't have any real experience driving on it and it shows. When things get messy out there, it's the other guy flying down the road as if everything's peachy then losing control that I worry about. And they're freaking everywhere. I can remember in 2000 driving home up Preston Road in Dallas in the snow - at one point there were two cars in almost synchronized spins on either side of me as I made my way up the road. Not long after, Bubba in his F-250 came speeding up like it was a summer day, hit the turn lane to go into the 7-Eleven in Plano on Preston, and slid through at full speed, being shunted by the curb into oncoming traffic to be hit by four cars that couldn't stop.

So yeah. I'll prefer to stay home and away from those dipshits when it's icy. Maybe if it happened often enough to justify the existence of snow tires down here it would be different.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I actually enjoy driving in crappy conditions...as a former pro racer my best finishes were in the wet / freezing rain conditions...that's what separates the "men from the boys" - at least in my book! I'm the a-hole blowing by all the slow pokes in the "one groove" lane of a two lane road...you know, I'm the one in the ice and snow that's enjoying the hell out of it and having fun while everyone else is peeing themselves LOL...but...I really don't enjoy having to worry about others...I can control me and plan ahead for ice...and if I hop the curb in the HMMWV...no biggie...it's the other folks that have no clue about driving with lack of grip and that don't plan ahead...oh....oh....oh...PANIC STOP....why am I SLIDINGGGGGGG? And SPINNING!?!?! LOL!! I will say that the cold does suck though.

zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    I'm salty because when the shut down schools, I can't work because the kids are home. We live rural, so the local Brookshire Bros was shopped dry from the frantic horde of people who thought this was WW3 and all I wanted was some ribs to smoke today. It's ice .. we have no problem putting it in our sweet tea, but sprinkle a little on the road and ...

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    BTW - I grew up in the Frozen North...well, Mistake on the Lake (Cleavage Land)...but I ESCAPED as soon as I could (14) to GOD's Country - yes, TEXAS...I remember that we'd have snow days and my Dad and I would take off for the ski slopes to hit some powder (instead of the usual ice! we got a LOT of snow - lake effect and all)....my Dad would BOMB that car....he grew up in Chicago, dealt with all kinds of crazy blizzards...he just laughs at the weather down here...he's like "you know, this is a very mild winter day up North" LOL!

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Spent a couple of years in Wyoming courtesy of the military so know cold, snow and ice, The only accident I have had in the last 20 years was with a black ice day, nobody can drive that stuff. My preferences are if there is ice I don't fly a plane or drive a car.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm salty because when the shut down schools, I can't work because the kids are home. We live rural, so the local Brookshire Bros was shopped dry from the frantic horde of people who thought this was WW3 and all I wanted was some ribs to smoke today. It's ice .. we have no problem putting it in our sweet tea, but sprinkle a little on the road and ...

My wife is a Spring Market manager (Brookshire's owned chain). Their truck didn't come earlier this week because of the weather - and they didn't know the truck wasn't coming until it didn't show up when it was supposed to. Gotta plan ahead when you know weather's coming.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    BTW - little tip for crappy weather...verify the grip...while in a straight line...with plenty of "oh crap" room on both sides....verify the grip by making very small / minute changes in the steering wheel...if you feel the directional change...you've got grip....if there's no movement...well, you don't...LOL!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    BTW - little tip for crappy weather...verify the grip...while in a straight line...with plenty of "oh crap" room on both sides....verify the grip by making very small / minute changes in the steering wheel...if you feel the directional change...you've got grip....if there's no movement...well, you don't...LOL!
    Laughed at your user name.......

I told my wife Monday a truck in front of me went across an overpass sideways (he regained control) and I could hear him pucker when I passed him.....

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Laughed at your user name.......

I told my wife Monday a truck in front of me went across an overpass sideways (he regained control) and I could hear him pucker when I passed him.....

I earned it the HARD way! LOL I spent a LOT of time off-roading / Jeeping...my Jeep was named PUCKER which then became my name...there are still many folks who know me by PUCKER and we have hung out a lot...but they do not know my real name...

puckerup.jpg

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    I am originally from Ill-Annoy. I grew up with driving in the snow and ice and cold. However, there are many Texans who are very fearful of driving in inclement weather. These are the drivers who think they can accelerate fast, stop fast, and end up sideways in a ditch or kissing a concrete barrier. Just because I have a 4-wheel drive does not mean I can stop any faster. These are the drivers I fear will harm others. These are the drivers that need to stay in bed.

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Yeah, I hear on the bat shit crazies buying everything up because a few days of ice and snow. I've learned to use the US Weather Service extended forecasting tools this time of year to get an idea what may be coming before the TV goobers starts the apocalypse reporting. That's when I make a store run to stock up a little. If it fizzles out, no problem I'm just ahead on grocery supplies already.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I went shopping Tuesday (senior discount day) I heard the story manager telling the guy working produce they had really no clue as to when the truck would come in due to drives who can drive in the winter conditions.

I worked 36 years in grocery stores. I remember the panic buying, the people bitching & all the rest of the whining crap that comes from the retards that are taking over the country. If the shit was to hit the fan it be a huge wake up for lots of folks. Turn off the water to any big city & watch things go bad. Hell stop all the Uber eats & for dash crap & a good percentage of people will be in physic wards permanently damaged.

Top Bottom