Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am investing all my money in emus, the other red meat.

At least when it tanks I can eat a bird.
    I thought emus tanked a couple of decades ago.

Where I live used to be out in the country. Maybe 20 years ago we had a spate of problems with people driving through, opening their trailer, dumping all their emus on the road, and skedaddling.

A dozen emus wandering around a dark road is a very weird way to have one's pre-dawn commute interrupted. I know this from experience.
    Venture Surplus ad

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    This article just appeared in my feed today, not directly related to this event, but it does follow my thoughts on Blockchains and by extension Crypto.

This graphic was a tweet by Vin Cerf... (more on why that's important at bottom of post )
    IMG_1770.PNG

Wired Article Link (one of the view Wired articles I think worthy of sharing:
    https://www.wired.com/story/theres-no-good-reason-to-trust-blockchain-technology/

Who is Vin Cerf?

"Vinton Gray Cerf , is an American Internet pioneer, who is recognized as one of "the fathers of the Internet", sharing this title with TCP/IP co-inventor Bob Kahn."

Attachments

• IMG_1770.PNG
      IMG_1770.PNG
      84.6 KB · Views: 106

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    This article just appeared in my feed today, not directly related to this event, but it does follow my thoughts on Blockchains and by extension Crypto.

This graphic was a tweet by Vin Cerf... (more on why that's important at bottom of post )
    View attachment 162100

Wired Article Link (one of the view Wired articles I think worthy of sharing:
    https://www.wired.com/story/theres-no-good-reason-to-trust-blockchain-technology/

Who is Vin Cerf?

"Vinton Gray Cerf , is an American Internet pioneer, who is recognized as one of "the fathers of the Internet", sharing this title with TCP/IP co-inventor Bob Kahn."

Article is interesting, but he fails to realize or purposely omits the fact that blockchain technology doesn't have to be involved with cryptocurrency at all. The fact is the public ledger is permanent, unchangeable, and anyone can view it. As it is right now with banks none of that is true. Block chain would certainly bring some transparency to the banking cartels. I'm so sure they'll adopt the public blockchain tomorrow. (sarcasm)

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If the exchange like GDAX (coinbase) in the United States it's regulated by the SEC. Non US exchanges are not. AGAIN, anyone who has an iq above 50 knows not to leave any funds in an exchange unless they want to lose them. Regardless of your feelings on cryptocurrency, it's absolutely safer than trusting the banking cartels which have manipulated currency for over 100 years.

You guys trust a Reserve system that's allowed the US govt to go 22 trillion in debt with over 125 trillion in unfunded liabilities more than you trust yourself who is REQUIRED to stay out of too much debt? OK LOL

Well, it has worked for me so far.

And this is not the first cyrypto incident of funds disappearing in the last year or two. I think my batting average is far better.

cdb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Livingston, TX
    If the exchange like GDAX (coinbase) in the United States it's regulated by the SEC. Non US exchanges are not. AGAIN, anyone who has an iq above 50 knows not to leave any funds in an exchange unless they want to lose them. Regardless of your feelings on cryptocurrency, it's absolutely safer than trusting the banking cartels which have manipulated currency for over 100 years.

You guys trust a Reserve system that's allowed the US govt to go 22 trillion in debt with over 125 trillion in unfunded liabilities more than you trust yourself who is REQUIRED to stay out of too much debt? OK LOL

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think there are that many people on any side of the political spectrum who understand basic economics, let alone our monetary system, enough to have much of an opinion on it besides what the TV says.

People like what's familiar, especially when the costs are well hidden from them.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now some are saying the money is stolen, not just locked up. May have been transferred to another account.

Canadian dies in India taking almost 0.2 billion to the grave.

Sounds like the making of a movie role for Christian Bale?
    Maybe Mr. Cotten is skiing in Switzerland with a couple of Eastern European models and drinking the really good wines!!!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Canadian dies in India taking almost 0.2 billion to the grave.

Sounds like the making of a movie role for Christian Bale?
    Maybe Mr. Cotten is skiing in Switzerland with a couple of Eastern European models and drinking the really good wines!!!
    Bound to happen sometime!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom