Texas SOT

Crystal ball say walking zombie tomorrow....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Went to bed at 8:45. Still not asleep. Wide awake...

Our son is 17 months. His crib bed is set to the lowest setting and the top of the rail is approx. 48" off the ground. Him standing the rail is at face level.

Bout a week ago he wakes up in the middle of the night and we let him cry for a bit. Go in to check and he cries harder when we leave. We let him cry it out some more. He quits crying. Ok cool; he went to sleep. Nope... He shows up in our room. We let him sleep with us the rest of the night.

Decision is made to put socks on him at night so he can't get traction to climb out. That worked for about 2 nights. Now he doesn't cry, just crawls into our bed. So I figure we should put the toddler bed conversion rail on the crib before he hurts himself one night climbing out. Tonight is the 1st night with the toddler rail. I have a cot on standby so I can start the process of walking him back to bed and sleep in his room to get him used to the new arrangement.

It was so much easier when he could cry for 10 minutes trapped in his crib. He just got tired and went back to sleep. Lol.

I keep listening to the monitor to see if he wakes up and realizes all of the freedom he has. It's gonna be a long night.
    Guns International

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Pics of baby pls

Here you go.

All he got from me was long legs and long eye lashes. It's sad I have to claim what I can on the kid. I joke with my wife that if it wasn't for the eye lashes, we would be on Maury.

I'm a mutt so he could have come out Brown with red hair. We were worried about that. Lol

Attachments

• IMAG2183.jpg
      IMAG2183.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 249
    • IMAG2188.jpg
      IMAG2188.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 230
    Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    These are the good times I got to look forward to next year eh? Why did I do this whole marriage thing again?

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Lol, since I've been married my hobbies have dwindled. Haven't skydived since Sep. 2010 because of cost. Sold my skydiving gear, Ducati, and our Suzuki so we could be debt free other than our house payment before he was born. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'll get back to jumping out of planes and riding sport bikes later.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Lol.. Don't worry.. 14 years from now he will finally want to sleep by himself.. At least that's what I keep saying about mine...

I couldn't get my first it of my bed at all until the second showed up then he was forced out.. Then the third pushed the second out and the first and second both sleep in the first ones bedroom that has two beds in it.. The third is now four and he is starting to think its cool to sleep with his brothers so he finally moved out of my bed.. 12 years going and finally have the bed to ourselves.. :)

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think we got ours at Babies R Us back in '02.

It worked until he learned how to unzip it. Then we learned how to rig the zipper so he couldn't do it himself.

He was and still is a smart little turd.

Top Bottom