• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Ok, so my nephew is graduating from A&M soon and I've got an idea of what I would like to do but I'm not sure where I should go to get what I need.

I'm wanting to get him a 1911 and have something engraved on the side.

What I would like is to have the A&M logo engraved on the slide and then "20" on one side of the logo and "11" on the other to note his year of graduation.
    Any idea where I could go to maybe get this done?
    A machine shop maybe?

Then to top it all off, have it duracoated in Aggie colors to make it really slick!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    Lynx Defense

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    The Colt Custom Shop has done outstanding engraving work for me in the past; contact them and discuss what you have in mind.

Your nephew has done well, honor him properly with what will likely become a prized family heirloom.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    LOT of guys have had Customized Creationz do work on their guns over on the Sig board. Also does laser engraving. Uses Cerakote and can do a LOT of colors. I'm sure he could do a bang up job. His work is stunning. Look at some photos in his gallery. Seen photos of work he's done on guns for folks on the board and they're equally nice.

Customized Creationz Custom Gun Works Shop

redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Dennis Billings does nice engraving work. I don't have his number but you can google Billings jewlers and track him down. It has been a few months, but I believe that Dennis did the engraving on the 1911 that the Houston Gun Collectors gave as a graduation present to one of the members kids that graduated from a service acadamy. I was at the meeting, think it was the Air Force Academy but, it's been awhile.
    If you cruise the gunshows in town, you'll recognize Dennis when you see him.

Top Bottom