• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm thinking about getting a custom defensive fixed blade in the near future and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations on custom knifemakers that do this style of blade. I have a number of custom skinners and a few bowie type blades but nothing of a defensive nature that I would EDC.
    Hurley's Gold

LynxIV7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    DFW, TX
    Looking for a Local Texan? I would recommend Jake DeBaud. His work is stellar especially his tactical work.

JDKnives.com

Heres a pic of the most recent that he finished:

ADS Tanto

196633_449659828412324_2003990976_n.jpg

I want this one of these....

549204_384055314972776_1896305360_n.jpg

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Beautiful blade...I'll check him out.

I did look at Busse but they seemed to only have one model on their website, Scott. I'll check those classifieds maybe.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A fellow TGT'er, Stalker19, builds some pretty sweet blades. They're very functional, look good, and are built right here in Texas! Check him out:

JW enterprises

jw.knives@yahoo.com

There's the Hidden Key, which is a 2.8" compact fixed blade for excellent concealment (I carry one every day). He also started building one he calls the Master Key, which is a 4.5" blade, but still very minimalist. I highly recommend checking him out! They're not the most perfectly polished show pieces, and might be a little rough around the edges, but that really doesn't matter. You'll find a lot of custom knives out there that are showy and have elaborate, out of the ordinary shapes more for the sake of looking unique than anything else. I like the fact that JW's blades, although they look great, are very minimalist and straight to the point. It's about slashing and stabbing people. No showy BS is necessary, and I like that he builds them based on that principle.

7922126022_56dc5bd86d_b.png

7922125016_b822d441af_b.png

7922218088_46363b9506_b.png

7878058008_fff9a0655c_b.png

7922217424_587fbf5e98_b.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Chris Daigle in Houston is one of the very best. Several of his knives did severe service in Afghanistan and came back as solid as the day they left. (He tested the design by using one to chop through a 2x4.)

Check out his work here: Daigleknives

I've got one of his knives framed on my office wall. (It's the 7th one down in his gallery.) He was also invited to be in the Toast Cutter Contest, which was then published in Knife Magazine. (Pics from the contest)

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Chris Daigle in Houston is one of the very best. Several of his knives did severe service in Afghanistan and came back as solid as the day they left. (He tested the design by using one to chop through a 2x4.)

Check out his work here: Daigleknives

I've got one of his knives framed on my office wall. (It's the 7th one down in his gallery.) He was also invited to be in the Toast Cutter Contest, which was then published in Knife Magazine. (Pics from the contest)

I had come across his work but his site says he doesn't take orders anymore and his most recent knife posted there is from 2010. I figured I might try contacting him to see for sure though.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Daigle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Houston
    I thought I had replied to this but evidently it hadn't gone through.

To Will, thanks for the heads up. To Rick, you give me too much credit.

Jared contacted me and when I heard what he wanted, I immediately thought of M.O.'s fixed blades, particularly the F.O.S.:
    Fistfull of Steel - Martin Olexey Blades

Off to check out the rest of this site!

Best,
    Daigle

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member