• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The best reloading setup I've had was in Oklahoma where I took a whole two car garage, insulated, heated and air conditioned it for my shop. I had the reloading/bullet casting and storage of my dreams! It had 2 Dillon RL450 progressives, a Rock Chucker and Mec 600jr loaders with full bullet casting and sizing equipment.

That was then and this is now. My Texas home is very small so room is limited and dust is a major problem here. That dust makes my allergies go insane! Also, I need to sit while I'm reloading. The benches shown in previous posts wouldn't work for me from size, stand up, or "stool" seating or dust catching criteria. I have no carpet in my house. It's all tile to keep the dust minimized. I need things open, aired out and small.

My reloading bench is set up so everything that can catch dust is put away. Every reloading tool is mounted on a common sized base that can be attached with bolts and wing nuts or put away when not in use. Any base can be attached to one of the four sides of the table in a minute or so. The table is a solid core door with folding legs and is very stable.

When I load, I pull the table out under the ceiling fan, turn it to access the needed equipment and crank away. The bench is located in my back bedroom so it's heated and air conditioned, there. Before I had the carpet removed and the tile installed, I placed a movers blanket on the carpeted floor to catch any powder or those pesky fired primers that might get away.

If I need a trimmer or different powder measure, those can be attached as well. The effective size of my bench is four times its actual physical size. You guys in an apartment can appreciate that! Just behind this picture is a 5 foot "tinker table" that I can work on small projects, measure powder charges (away from the jiggling of the reloading presses) or do other reloading tasks.

I keep two Lyman 55 powder measures mounted up for pistol loads as the Lyman is superior for measuring small charges of Bullseye. There is an RCBS powder measure mount on a standardized base that can be switched out for rifle cartridges.

I had this all set up before but when Hurricane IKE hit my place, all of it was packed up and put into storage. I'm just getting around to setting it up, again. Since store bought ammo availability is in a slump again, it seems like a good time to do it. I'm glad that I packed it up carefully. I found almost everything and none of it was damaged from rust or corrosion.

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Here's how I store my equipment. Everything is put away to minimize dust and it's nice to find what I need, too! I'd LOVE to have a nice loading bench with those storage shelves but it just wouldn't work for me. I have a cabinet in the garage used to store bullets and misc loading stuff and bulk powder is in the barn. I only bring one pound of powder and a few hundred primers into the house at a time.

Flash

Top Bottom