• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    HOUSTON (AP) - A pawn shop worker fatally shot a 50-year-old customer after the man loaded a handgun from the case with his own ammo, left the store and fired a round at the employee.

The Houston Chronicle reported Sunday that Melvin Clark, a regular customer entered Northwest Pawn Shop on Saturday afternoon and asked to see a pistol. Clark loaded his own ammo into the weapon with the store employee's approval.

Clark left the store, turned and fired at the employee. Officials say the employee returned fire, killing Clark.
    The case has been referred without charges to a Harris County grand jury.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Wow, just wow. Not often you clean up your own mistake by shooting someone. Sounds like suicide by armed employee to me though. Loaded a gun to off himself then chickened out and pulled the trigger on the employee knowing return fire was likely.

Video should show what happened if they are smart enough to have it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I guess maybe he gave the old "can I see if this gun chambers these rounds?" routine. Seems like that would be totally against gun store policy, but the employee seemed to know the man. It is still odd.

I wouldn't let ANYONE load a firearm in the store.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I wouldn't let ANYONE load a firearm in the store.

You wouldn't have a choice.

One siecond the slide is locked back and the next second the turd has slipped a mag into the pistol and dropped the slide!

What do you do at that point?

Can't draw as you are now behind the curve and have a loaded gun pointed at you.

Just have to hope that you see the guy pulling a mag out of his pocket and can get your gun out of the holster and into play.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    b

Del.icio.us
    Digg
    Twitter
    Yahoo! Buzz
    Facebook
    StumbleUpon
    Email

A pawn shop worker fatally shot a 50-year-old customer after the man loaded a handgun from the case with his own ammo, left the store and fired a round at the employee.
    Melvin Clark, a regular customer, entered Northwest Pawn Shop on Saturday afternoon and asked to see a pistol. Clark loaded his own ammo into the weapon with the store employee's approval.
    Clark left the store, turned and fired at the employee. Officials say the employee returned fire, killing Clark.
    The case has been referred without charges to a Harris County grand jury.

NW Houston pawn shop worker kills armed customer | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The employee is a good friend of mine, and this is not even remotley close to what happened. The customer did NOT have permission to load ammo into the firearm among other things..... The press has this one all jacked up.

mtaylor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Montgomery, Texas
    The employee is a good friend of mine, and this is not even remotley close to what happened. The customer did NOT have permission to load ammo into the firearm among other things..... The press has this one all jacked up.

Did the customer leave the store prior to being shot by the employee?

Although this was referred to a grand jury without charges it will be interesting to see if the jury no bills him.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Wow, the press getting the facts wrong? Who'd of thunk it?

Much like the Austin gun show incident, you have to take the reporting with a grain of salt, especially when it doesn't pass the common sense test.

I hope the pawn shop employee is doing well, considering the circumstances. I am sure this outcome was not what he wanted, but what he was forced into. Still, it is better that he was the one that survived the incident instead of being the victim. We will probably never know what was going through Melvin Clark's mind...

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Until this is done at the Grand Jury level, I am not really going to repeat much of what was said to me, the employee was shaken, but is doing well now.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

WHAT?!?!! I'm SHOCKED!! The Chronicle got the story all wrong?! How can that be?!

Quality is not an issue with the Chronicle; they just don't have any. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the first time you're quoted in the newspaper is the last time you believe anything they print.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Until this is done at the Grand Jury level, I am not really going to repeat much of what was said to me, the employee was shaken, but is doing well now.

Honestly, he shouldn't have said anything to you in the first place (unless you are somehow officially involved); but I am glad to hear he is doing well...

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    which northwest pawn was this at because there is 2 of them, i hope it wasnt the one on veterans because i go into that place all the time and the older guy always helps me out and is a decent guy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom