0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm unconvinced. Either the 'journalist' that wrote that fluff piece is even dumber than usual or the Iranian are even stupider than I had imagined. This is the type of crap that comes out of poorly researched hollywood movies like Hackers, Swordfish or just about any other movie featuring computers and the internet they have ever produced.

You don't need the GD internet to build and operate an nuclear reactor. In fact what the story outlines is exactly why your control systems are on a physically separate network from everything else. All of the computers are placed in a secure location and you don't let dumbfuck contractors carry their ThinkGeek USB sticks in to the facility for this exact reason.

More than likely the reason the Iranians are rethinking their Nuclear ambitions is: it's more expensive than they expected, it is harder than they expected, the potential benefits of having a Nuke don't outweight the very likely reality of being nuked by Isreal before the nuclear materials are able to be turned in to a bomb. Much easier to come out and say....'maybe we just buy it from you Mr. nice Russian businessman'. Cheaper in the long run and it avoids those unsightly burns that having a 100megaton bomb dropped on your house tends to leave behind.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ICheaper in the long run and it avoids those unsightly burns that having a 100megaton bomb dropped on your house tends to leave behind.
    Not to mention that Ahdamnimaprick wouldn't be saying what the Mayor of Hiroshima said on 6 August 1945....."What the f**k was that?" Then again, if Iran still decides to build nuclear weapons, they'll be "glowing" before they know it. Courtesy of Israel.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You don't need the GD internet to build and operate an nuclear reactor.

i know this was taken out of context, but this was true in several ways.

you DONT need the internet, infact you dont need much at all. any kid can build a nuclear reactor... The Radioactive Boy Scout
    there is a book about this guy too. darn good read.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    Israel definitely has the most to lose with Iran's whole nuclear program, and the most to gain from such an attack.

I just still like to think we have the most advanced fighting capabilities in the world, and I don't know why we wouldn't do something exactly like this.

I don't put all my faith in, or derive my beliefs from a single news story. But I personally will watch this one develop...

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I think I stand corrected. I guess this shit did go down. I've not got time to read all of it but it appears other sources are saying it happened.

Guess I over estimated their intelligence. Not a bad outcome I guess.

Top Bottom