• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Williamkevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    League City, Texas
    I carry a CZ75D PCR Compact in 9mm and I love it. I also shoot it in IDPA, and although it performs well, I'm thinking that I want to switch to a full-size for competition. I've narrowed it down to TWO CZs; the CZ85 Combat or the CZ75B SA both in 9mm. The 75 is less expensive, but doesn't have the features I would like to have that are present in the 85. Anyone have experience with either of these pistols and would like to share your thoughts?

Cheers!
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The CZ SP01 Tactical would be the best IDPA choice. It just barely fits in the "box" and has a heavy front end which tames recoil to virtually .32 ACP levels. The only downside is that would put you in ESP because of the weight.

Williamkevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    League City, Texas
    I actually looked at the SP-01, but dismissed it because I just don't like the accessory rail. I should probably give it another look. I shoot ESP now because I run a stainless steel guiderod in my PCR.

sean gaines

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    katy, Texas
    you could always go with an aluminum guide rod, if you are you trying to make weight? I know where you can get them..v v v v v v v no hint! lol

tumbleweed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    san antonio
    Go 85 Combat -- the 85 Combat lacks the firing pin block from the factory; if you remove that FPB on any other CZ that ships with it you make the gun illegal to use ("removal of a safety feature" rules) in SSP. The 85 Combat will enable you to have a better trigger pull (once worked on a bit) AND includes the overtravel stop screw from the factory -- another part that is legal only if it ships that way (if you add it to, say, a 75B it makes your gun illegal for SSP under the "visible trigger work" rule).

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I have a CZ 75B that I love. I've never shot the 85 or SP-O1 but I'm sure they are very good pistols also. The 75 B is my 2nd favorite range pistol behind my MP 9 Pro. I don't carry the CZ due to the weight.

Top Bottom