• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    The article said they could not locate the family. They are the only ones that could file a civil suit.

I can hardly what the victimized family is going through. I pray they will be strong.

They're probably hiding and keeping their mouths shut.
    ARJ Defense ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The offender was a Mexican Citizen. He "allegedly" had a "Green Card."

Who is going to claim his remains, or will that be another burden on the county's tax payers to pay for the disposition of his human remains?

Bonfire?

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I heard last night that the Grand Jury refused to indite him and I view this as "Justice Prevails."

There are some terrible consequences of this, however.

The man must live with the memory of beating someone to death for the rest of his life. Drugs and booze will probably become his best friends and he will relive that event in his dreams as long as he lives.

That would not be a problem for me. I would consider it a good memory. (save for the part about what he was doing before I beat him to death.)

The daughter witnessed the killing and will retain that memory for the rest of her life. That child is scarred for life in many ways.
    Maybe. I would think she will be more screwed up from what was happening to her before that assh*le got killed. Maybe seeing that guy get what was coming to him will help her get over what he was trying to do to her. Maybe she'll grow up and pack a gun and kill the next assh*ole who tries that on her again herself. If I was her dad, I'd buy her first gun teach her to shoot, and tell her to do just that.

Society as a whole benefited from the eradication of that vermin. How the HELL can a man do that to a child?
    That's not a man, you said yourself, vermin, a sick animal.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That would not be a problem for me. I would consider it a good memory. (save for the part about what he was doing before I beat him to death.)

You ever taken the life of another person? Been close with anyone who has? Unless you have some type of psychopathic or sociopathic disorder, it will affect you.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    You ever taken the life of another person? Been close with anyone who has? Unless you have some type of psychopathic or sociopathic disorder, it will affect you.

Of course not, but I just don't buy that a "normal" person has to get all messed up psychologically for taking the life of someone who is harming you or someone else. I think it's more of a social expectation, that it's supposed to mess you up, and you'll spend nights crying about it and need to go to therapy for years to get over it or something.

Let me tell you if I saw some guy raping my daughter, I would kill him just like a roach I found on my bathroom floor and I wouldn't feel any worse about it. And I don't think that makes me a psychopath or a sociopath, or is a sign of some kind of mental disorder. There is evil in the world, and I don't think there is anything to feel bad about if you are in a situation where you have to destroy it for the sake your own survival or someone else's.

There are lots of people that come back from war having killed people that were just fighting for the other side, not necessarily evil, and out to rape someones daughter or something like that. That might affect me more. But not if that person was shooting at me first. Anyway I don't see why people should be more messed up about killing a child rapist caught in the act, than someone who has come back from war. Hell there are marine snipers and other guys who killed a bunch of people in the war and are damn proud of it and would do it again, and maybe even wrote a book about it or something. Does that make him a sociopath? Hell no, he's a hero, a patriot who went into harms way for this country. Many guys signed up to go "get some action" over there after 9/11. Does that make them psychopaths? Yet somehow that's acceptable, but if you shoot someone raping your daughter, you're supposed to be all mess up about it afterword or you are not normal. Hogwash. Just my .02

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    And another damn thing:

[rant]
    How much gratuitous violence and killing do people of all ages enjoy watching on TV and in video games all the time? Kids grow up watching people killing each other on TV and movies, and have fun watching it, and then they go spend hours and hours having fun killing each other in "call of duty" or something. That's all hunky-dory, just fine, perfectly normal. But if you ever have to do it to protect yourself or someone else in real life, and you are supposed to be emotionally scared for life, and cry like a boob over it or there is something wrong with you? Give me a break. If anything that shows just how hypocritical, stupid and insane social norms are. People are stupid. Don't follow the herd.
    [/rant] ;D

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry dude....but if you don't think any normal person is going to have some issues after taking anothers' life - no matter why - then you haven't thought it through. Period. Personal experience, okay?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Before I got clean and sober, I led a violent street life. I hurt many people, deeply regret the harm that I caused, have nightmares and horrible memory flashbacks during the day. I'll get one of those flashbacks and it makes me shudder over the evil that I brought to this world.

Sorry, unless you're a total psychopath, your mind will not accept the harm that a Human Being is capable of inflicting. As I said in my post, those folks are scarred for life. I wish them well but have been down that road.

Having worked with young people professionally, there is an irony that I'll share. Children who have been sexually abused seldom develop aversion to sexual things when they grow up. Ironically, they become promiscuous, exhibit bazarre sexual behavior and frequently become offenders themselves. Of course, there are exceptions but it's very common for that progression to occur. That little girl is scarred for life and her torment is just beginning.

Flash

Top Bottom