• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Police: Man tackled by homeowner, arrested | No Commenting - Home

The report says the father went outside and found a man, later identified as James Lowery, kneeling against their house and looking in the window. The father stopped the man when he tried to run.

James-Lowery-mug.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Looks like a true version of the following story.

AUGUSTA, Ga. - A U.S. Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia.

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that a man was seen on surveillance cameras Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store. When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife, and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for the service branch's "Toys For Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was later transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, and assorted lacerations and bruises that he obtained when he fell trying to run after stabbing the Marine

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Police say Lowery admitted walking to the neighbor's yard, but declined to explain further.

Lowery is the chief engineer at WJXT".

That's funny, WJXT is a competing news outlet, and they have no reference of Lowery's indiscretions on their website.

Kind of like CBS never admitting to Dan Rather's made-up stories about GWB.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I gotta ask a question here...
    I say good for him but all the other threads that I have read about on this board in the past, (dont ask for links cause I dont remember), there was a lot of people saying the owner should stay in the house instead of going outside. All you guys would go outside?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I gotta ask a question here...
    I say good for him but all the other threads that I have read about on this board in the past, (dont ask for links cause I dont remember), there was a lot of people saying the owner should stay in the house instead of going outside. All you guys would go outside?

I'd stay in my house if he was stealing my car. But if some creeper is peeping through my daughter's window I'm coming for him for sure. Sometimes those guys end up abducting their victims later. If he has an eye for my daughter he's going to be worm food if he so much as moves quickly. He's either leaving with the police or the coroner. His choice.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I'd stay in my house if he was stealing my car. But if some creeper is peeping through my daughter's window I'm coming for him for sure. Sometimes those guys end up abducting their victims later. If he has an eye for my daughter he's going to be worm food if he so much as moves quickly. He's either leaving with the police or the coroner. His choice.

Those are very valid reasons. But if you go outside, you still leave your family vulnerable and also yourself as you dont know how many are out there.
    Im not advocating going out or staying in. Im just trying to weigh the differences. I would more than likely go out, even though it prob isnt the safest thing to do. Your point about they sometimes go back for the victim later is a very good example of why one should go outside and try to catch him.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    He could have assessed the surroundings before he went out, then defended his family and property. Good for him. We obviously don't know.everything, but I'm glad the pervert was caught.

Top Bottom