• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Today is my oldest daughter's 29th birthday. I took her (1st time), my 13 yr old daughter and my 9 yr old granddaughter to the deer lease this mornig. They all were talking about what agreat time they had. even my granddaughter, who wasn't really into it, until I let her empty a 30 rd. mag from the Ruger 10/22. I do believe she's hooked. I know my older daugher (her mom) kept asking about about the names, types of handguns & rifles she shot today. She kept talking about going to the gun range to improve her shooting, because she wants a .380 ACP handgun. Wait till she shoots a 9MM. LOL. My 13 year old finally got to shoot my mini-14. I was impressed how well she hit the coke cans with open sights. With out a gun rest. Of course the cans were only 20 yards away. She did make the comment, "Dad, I like the Mini-14, better than the 10/22."

After all the shooting was done, I took them out into one of the pastures and taught them how to drive the 4-wheeler. They enjoyed that almost as much as they did the shooting.

I was really impressed with my older daughter & grandaughter, because they didn't compalin, when I told them (last night) to goggle the 4 LAWS OF GUN SAFETY, because I was going to give them a test as soon as we arrived at the lease and before I would let them shoot anything. They were ready. My 13 year old coached them in the morning while I was loading up the truck.

Today was a great day for me.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Today is my oldest daughter's 29th birthday. I took her (1st time), my 13 yr old daughter and my 9 yr old granddaughter to the deer lease this mornig. They all were talking about what agreat time they had. even my granddaughter, who wasn't really into it, until I let her empty a 30 rd. mag from the Ruger 10/22. I do believe she's hooked. I know my older daugher (her mom) kept asking about about the names, types of handguns & rifles she shot today. She kept talking about going to the gun range to improve her shooting, because she wants a .380 ACP handgun. Wait till she shoots a 9MM. LOL. My 13 year old finally got to shoot my mini-14. I was impressed how well she hit the coke cans with open sights. With out a gun rest. Of course the cans were only 20 yards away. She did make the comment, "Dad, I like the Mini-14, better than the 10/22."

After all the shooting was done, I took them out into one of the pastures and taught them how to drive the 4-wheeler. They enjoyed that almost as much as they did the shooting.

I was really impressed with my older daughter & grandaughter, because they didn't compalin, when I told them (last night) to goggle the 4 LAWS OF GUN SAFETY, because I was going to give them a test as soon as we arrived at the lease and before I would let them shoot anything. They were ready. My 13 year old coached them in the morning while I was loading up the truck.

Today was a great day for me.
    no dobut

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is counter-intuitive, but the ladies take to shooting fundamentals far better than their testosterone filled brothers.

Well done Sir. My little "ladies" are all grown up and married now. But when they come home, it is they, not me, who bring up the desire to put little holes in a target.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    My daughters and I shoot together regularly. Here's my oldest (top) having fun with a Browning Hi Power.
    Bob

DSC_1378.gif

Youngest one training with a Mauser Luger. She's a very good bullseye competitor and a hard-core shooter.
    25.gif

Youngest daughter shooting a 7.62mm 240B on the MG qual course at Camp Bullis several years back.
    _Preview__zps6a051d7a.gif

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Started my nine year old last summer. She was a better shot on her first mag than I was when I first started. By the time she's a teenager, she'll be kicking my ass. Well, I DID teach her so maybe I'm not so bad.

Here she is on her second time around, this time with a rifle. Lost her ear protection in the dirt, so had to use some head phones.
    ScreenShot2013-03-30at13908AM_zps9d57b9dd.gif

She's shown so much responsibility since then, so she got a Ruger SR22 for Christmas. My two year old stopped playing with her toy gun, ever since I taught her to keep her finger off the trigger. I guess she thinks it pointless to even play with it now, haha.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It's great that you guys spend time with your kids. Why have 'em if you don't want to spend time with them?

I'd much rather teach a female to shoot than a male. Males have preconceived notions and many think that they know it all. It's hard to get past that!

Flash

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ^^^^truth.

My daughter is only four and a half and I'm trying to slow her down as much as I can. My boy is 2 and seems like he's growing up faster than she is.

Can't help but think about how I won't ever have this time with them again.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    ^^^^truth.

My daughter is only four and a half and I'm trying to slow her down as much as I can. My boy is 2 and seems like he's growing up faster than she is.

Can't help but think about how I won't ever have this time with them again.

My son is 4 and still snuggles with me. I take full advantage of it because I know it won't last much longer.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Oh. I was taking as you being a big fellow an was just acknowledging my situation relative to yours. I can only fit one at a time. My wife... I lay on HER. other skinny guys know what I mean.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I definitely think we should get more time with our kids when they're young. Such an awesome time. My daughter still has some years before she can shoot, but my son? Yesterday was his first range day, and I gotta say that kid can shoot really darned well. Makes a guy proud!

Top Bottom