• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Ill be in Dallas tomorrow for the Guns n Roses concert. Depending on what time it ends, Id kinda like to try to go out. Is there any bars by the Gexa Energy Pavilion center that anyone knows of that are halfway decent??
    Venture Surplus ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    That's the hoodiest of hoods after dark, but you are close to some hot spots. What kind of place are you looking for?

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Well. That stinks. lol. I like bars like Fast Eddies. Pool halls really. Darts are always an entertaining substitute for pool.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    The Amsterdam Bar is more on the quiet side and right accross the street from Fair Park on exposition. I've only been there once, and it was on the patio, but I think they do pool and darts. It'll have a live jazz band playing most of the time so it keeps the kids and DBs out.

Dallasite Billiards is up on Fitzhugh and Bryan Street and it'll definately be more what you are looking for. It's a bit of a trek from Fair Park, but not too bad, maybe a couple miles.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Awesome. Hopefully I can check at least one of them out. Depending on the time the concert ends of course. Im stoked and cant wait. Ive NEVER been to a concert and GNR is my favorite of all time.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There's the double wide near there I think. Is axle and slash gonna be at the concert together?

Axle sent the rest of the band on their way. He basically stole the rights to the name one night by refusing to go on stage unless the other members agreed that "Guns 'n' Roses" was his.

Expect Axle to make you wait for him to take the stage. He's notorious for it.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Axles a douche always has been. I was listening to an interview with slash and he said there was no way in hell he would get on stage with axle again.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Yea I wish Slash was going to be there, but unfortunately, Axl is the only original member. To my knowledge anyway. I didnt hear that he stole it, but either way, its not the same band I grew up with. Im sure Ill still have fun. Even with Axl's attitude, I still liked him. lol.

Concert over, bedtime, go home old man

http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0)

Old? ok. I feel it. Just turned 32 few months back, but I think I can still party if the need arises. lol.
    Running late this am. Concerts not for another 12 hours so I got time. woohoo. This old man wants some coffee.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I just got back home. It was so freaking awesome. So glad I went. Didnt make it to any bars after. lol. I didnt need to. lol.

Top Bottom