• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    Have y'all seen this? He has some alarm system that his iPhone is hooked into. Anyone know what alarm package or system one can get and monitor on their smart phone?

Any recommendatioins?
    Guns International

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I think you have to have a live stream internet system. The good systems record to a live stream so you'll have the ability to look at the area from a blackberry or a phone with internet ability.
    Good money well spent if you ask me.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Depends on your phone. iPhones and Androids have software to track themselfs. My mother used it to track hers down. Turns out it was taken by someone who got really freaked out when my brother in law called the phone and told the guy he lived and he'd be over to pick it up.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    The ADT interface puts your home security cameras on a web server that you can log into and watch your home cams. IPhones have an app that shortcuts this like tapatalk does here, so you can see quickly without waiting for a login/password delay. That's how this guy caught the perps in his house. Alarm going off generated a text message.

Pretty cool system.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've got a 16 camera Gadspot DVR system at my condo that I can watch anywhere on the planet in realtime from my iPhone. The interior cameras will send me an email alert to my phone on motion detect when I'm not home. 6 of the cameras are set up to where I can adjust positioning 360 degrees by dragging the screen too. It's a pretty cool setup.

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    did you build this system or buy it?

I've got a 16 camera Gadspot DVR system at my condo that I can watch anywhere on the planet in realtime from my iPhone. The interior cameras will send me an email alert to my phone on motion detect when I'm not home. 6 of the cameras are set up to where I can adjust positioning 360 degrees by dragging the screen too. It's a pretty cool setup.

It does sound cool....did you build it from scratch? If so, where did you get the components?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Needs more MGs.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    It does sound cool....did you build it from scratch? If so, where did you get the components?

DVR came from my old office when we moved. I got a handful of cameras from there and the rest I got off eBay. The PTZ cameras were "added on" with the system that we got at the new office. I get around a month of video before it overwrites itself as the DVR only records on motion detection. I get a view of the patio, west approach, north approach, drive entry, both of our vehicles, front door and most of the interior. The DVR has some neat built in features. I set my username and password, plug it up to my router and can access it through my iPhone or Internet browser anywhere. Live feed is choppy on 3G but its like you're watching tv on wifi. You can program it to email you when the cameras that you set detect motion. It's pretty sweet.

I do need some remote guns though...

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    DVR came from my old office when we moved. I got a handful of cameras from there and the rest I got off eBay. The PTZ cameras were "added on" with the system that we got at the new office. I get around a month of video before it overwrites itself as the DVR only records on motion detection. I get a view of the patio, west approach, north approach, drive entry, both of our vehicles, front door and most of the interior. The DVR has some neat built in features. I set my username and password, plug it up to my router and can access it through my iPhone or Internet browser anywhere. Live feed is choppy on 3G but its like you're watching tv on wifi. You can program it to email you when the cameras that you set detect motion. It's pretty sweet.

I do need some remote guns though...

Haha... Sorry to be a pest, but I am way new to this stuff.

You can use any old DVR? How does it have the appropriate software for a security system?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom