• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    I'm looking for a Bisley Ruger 44 Mag with a 5.5" or shorter barrel. An Acusport model would be preferred, but an Old Model Bisley Vaquero or any other Bisley Blackhawk with a 5.5" barrel - even ones that have been converted to a Bisley grip frame, or had a longer barrel shortened by a quality smith to 5.5" - would be fine. Just must have the Bisley grip, have a 5.5" or shorter barrel and be in good condition. Also have a strong preference for stainless but will consider blued as well.

Not necessarily looking for a safe queen or a collector's item. Just want a good, solid shooter that can handle "Ruger only" loads - and has a Bisley grip frame.

If you have one you'd be willing to sell, or know where I might find one, post a reply here or shoot me a PM. Would prefer FTF in the DFW area, but don't mind traveling a bit or going the shipped route for the right gun.

Thanks!
    DK Firearms

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Sunday bump - still looking for a Ruger Bisley 44 Mag. Also looking for a Bisley Ruger .357 Mag - any length barrel considered for the .357 Mag. Will consider an Old Model Vaquero in 44 Mag., but no Vaqueros for the .357 Mag. Clear as mud?

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Thanks - I actually took a look at your gun (very nice) and sent you an offer over on Texas Hunting Forum a little while back! We weren't able to get together on price. From your posts over there, I thought you had decided not to sell it?

Anyway, in the meantime I came to the conclusion that a 7.5" barrel is too long for what I intend to use the gun for. And so the search for a 5.5 inch Bisley 44 Mag goes on . . . .

TexasVine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lakeway/Fredericksburg
    Thanks - I actually took a look at your gun (very nice) and sent you an offer over on Texas Hunting Forum a little while back! We weren't able to get together on price. From your posts over there, I thought you had decided not to sell it?

Anyway, in the meantime I came to the conclusion that a 7.5" barrel is too long for what I intend to use the gun for. And so the search for a 5.5 inch Bisley 44 Mag goes on . . . .

Thanks for the reply. I've gone back and forth with wanting to sell it. Love it but not thinging I'll actually shoot it much. Good luck on your search.
    Mike

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I had a 7.5" Bisley BH in .45 Colt that I felt was too long. I sent it off to Dave Clements to have it cut down
    to 5 1/2". He also did some custom work on it. Totally different gun when he finished. While he had it, he sent
    the grip frame to SK Custom Grips and had them install a set of their mesquite grips. Everyone did a beautiful job;
    and its now my favorite handgun.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Roscoe - I may end up having to go a similar route to get the exact gun I want. Thanks for the info on yours.

Anyone else have one for sale - or a lead on where to get one?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom