Guns International

Damnit... Mother in law coming.... Hide the guns... holy crap there are alot!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Don't hide them, but they shouldn't be lying out in the open anyway ,if someone breaks in you do not want them grabbing one of your guns.

none are in the open, they are all hidden and you would have to be extremely lucky to just stumble upon one if you were a burglar in my place.

Oh well, she left today... unloaded and reloaded them (probably pointless, i know).... I feel better now

JOe

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    You may be the first non-professional-gun-reviewer that can comment with first hand experience on the infinite XD/Glock/XDM/M&P threads!!!!!!!

and hk's, cz's, steyr's, Sig', Ruger's LOL....

what can i say, i love guns. been collecting handguns for 3 years, im 27 and can't even fathom the collection i'll have by the time im 40 :) hehehehehehehe

JOe

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I agee, hide the guns. There is no reason to subject them to her presence. The are the innocent ones in this situation.

Either that or hide the mother in law.

My mother in law complained about my guns once and once only. I told her not a problem. She said, "you're willing to store them somewhere else while I'm here?"

I said, "no I am willing to take you to the airport, because it's my house and my rules."

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Isn't the couch lovely this time of year! LOL! I would hide every gun my house if my MIL would come and see us. I do not under any circumstances want my MIL to be in my presence with a loaded gun! LOL! No for real I wouldn't leave them out in the open but I wouldn't scurry them away either. I'd have to say something along thel ines of , I have to protect MY family in MY home and if you don't like it then feel free to leave. But my MIL doesn't mind the guns and wants one now that her daughter is starting to get into them so I'm good.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Same thing here, my mother inlaw jumped in my a$$ the other day she said "when you start having kids you need to get rid of all your guns it's to dangerous" I just told her absolutely not no way in hell am I getting rid of a single gun. They are all locked up in a safe, even if they got the safe open every bit of ammo is in a seperate locker with a pad lock and the only key is on my key ring. Every single time she shows her face she always has to say somthing it gets tiring.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Next time MIL makes those kinds of comments, ask her if she'd rather stay as a guest in your home, or at a hotel. She'll get the message.....a guests' rights stop at the doorway of your personal choices.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, I know it seems severe, but there ARE boundaries, and any MIL that tries to tell adult children how to run their lives is WAY over the line, IMO. Besides - I REALLY like my privacy. No MIL issues - sadly, my better halfs' Mom was deceased before we met - sounds like she was a really neat Lady of the "old school" - but from what I can tell, she would've told the other MIL to "butt out"!!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Oh yeah. If my mother starts getting into my wife's business I'll tell her to butt out just the same. I just have (and have always had) an issue with parents trying to run their grown kids lives. I have a friend that his MIL threatens to call CPS on them every time they piss her off, I've told them to shove it and he has but they wont stand their ground so the MIL keeps on going! It's sad that grown ass people can't act like grown ups.

Top Bottom