• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Everyone reacts differently and its obvious the Sarge wanted to spare a life. ("His scene, his decision") I hate to play "Monday Morning Quarterback", but in my opinion I agree in that he waited too long to fire at the subject. I am glad the Sergeant survived and hopes he makes a speedy recovery.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    OK, I just watched the video...

He got shot in the face and left eye. And only lost part of his eyesight. Which tells me...

He got shot with birdshot! And was freaking out about how he was about to die?! Oh. My. God! You've got to be kidding me!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    OK, I just watched the video...

He got shot in the face and left eye. And only lost part of his eyesight. Which tells me...

He got shot with birdshot! And was freaking out about how he was about to die?! Oh. My. God! You've got to be kidding me!
    He lost his right eye. He didn't know how serious it was. I'd like to see anyone get shot in the face and "take it like a man".
    Officer Shot in the Face, Will Lose Eye

Watched this again. There needs to be a line in the sand. Cooper talks about this. When a guy makes the decision for you to pull the trigger and you do what he's asking you to do. It's decided in split seconds. This guy never got to that mindset.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He lost his right eye. He didn't know how serious it was. I'd like to see anyone get shot in the face and "take it like a man".
    Officer Shot in the Face, Will Lose Eye

Watched this again. There needs to be a line in the sand. Cooper talks about this. When a guy makes the decision for you to pull the trigger and you do what he's asking you to do. It's decided in split seconds. This guy never got to that mindset.

Yeah, it would suck, but I've been in the position where I thought I was going to lose an eye and managed to drive myself the rest of the way to work in spite of it...

And yes, his mindset sucked. He failed to make the decision that he was going to win. Winning is everything. Losers get shot and cry about how much they love their families. Winners piss on the loser's corpse.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    That's a messed up statement. Quote "He got shot with birdshot! And was freaking out about how he was about to die?! Oh. My. God! You've got to be kidding me!"
    With all due respect, the taking of another's life is not easy. The stress of the situation and being hit in the face, not being able to see out of one eye, he thought the worst. It's obvious he did not want to shoot the guy. I don't think you'd be so hip about a load of birdshot to the face. I know I would'nt take it very well at all.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    in the heat of the moment im sure the last thing on your mind is going to be something like :

"oh hell, that was jsut bird shot, your gonna have to do better than that punk! holdon let me change my stance and use my other eye.... here we go, dang i got some blood on my gun, oh well, a little extra lube enver hurt nothin, hooly shit! that fuckign rookie put sweet 'n lo in my coffee, after i bag this jerkoff im gonna stuff that looser in the bodybag with this asshole"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's easy to second guess, especially after the fact and sitting safely behind a keyboard.

The sargeant was doing his best to defuse a tense situation, I am sure he hoped that the individual would comply with his orders and he would not have to resort to lethal force. It is just yet another example of how law enforcement officers regularly risk their lives to save others, even this idiot with the shotgun.

My prayers to the officer for a speedy recovery!

And kudos to the news reporters for their positive comments about the police!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    i think about this what am i willing to do and how fast to do it, I know taking a life is very serious,but for me to carry means that if you try to hurt me or mine you have a enemy.
    Period understandable you dont ever know whats on a persons mind.
    But to draw down on someone makes your point. So time to choose, Gods will go home alive
    or dead or hurt. God bless our leos they do a very dangerous job to witch i am thankful,
    But to try to talk some one out of shooting is beyond my thinking.I mean that if you rotate
    a firearm at me fight on, i am not a gunfighter or anything close(but my chl at least gives me a fighting chance).
    I am not a leo so no training for me no second guess for me,but imho the lib laws have made the leos job unsafe. Plus there is no respect,no fear no remorse, anymore, so the bad guys needed to be treated as such

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Yeah, it would suck, but I've been in the position where I thought I was going to lose an eye and managed to drive myself the rest of the way to work in spite of it...

And yes, his mindset sucked. He failed to make the decision that he was going to win. Winning is everything. Losers get shot and cry about how much they love their families. Winners piss on the loser's corpse.
    Yes, he hesitated. That was a mistake. But when you are shot in the face and blood is everywhere, (which it will be for even a minor facial injury) you dont know what is going to happen. I didnt hear him telling his wife he was gonna die, he just wanted to tell her he loved her.
    As far as the rest of the rhetoric? Well, I ususally get a chuckle out of the testosterone laden chest pounding.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Did he possibly hesitate because a business was in the background?? What if he had missed? Thats a general question to our LEO's.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^ good thinking there. honestly.... i didnt watch the video. not my sort of thing really. now show me that video of the chubby kid whipping that skinny bully to the ground like a stubborn bag of ice... i will set it to infinite loop and laugh for hours...

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    ^ now show me that video of the chubby kid whipping that skinny bully to the ground like a stubborn bag of ice... i will set it to infinite loop and laugh for hours...

lol Not a violent person by nature but I must have watched that thing 20 times. Good vid!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    LEOs are responsible for every round that leaves the bbl.

I am guessing there will be a post stating that is why we must practice enough to have surgical precision.....blah blah blah.

The Sgt. hesitated for whatever reason. It cost him an eye.

I think I would have pulled the trigger sooner but that is easy to say from my office.

The advice of monday morning QBs is usually worth what you pay for it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Tactically LEO was in a bad situation.

Perp had a long arm an decent cover.

Perp had good distance from LEO, thus probability of LEO making clean shot is near zero.

Could not see LEO, obviously if was approaching Perp he made a bad decision, but if he was behind car for cover he did the best he could until help arrived.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom