Venture Surplus ad

Daughter's first trip to the rifle range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Isabel started out with a 10-22 suppressed, Burris Fastfire sight, and Timney trigger doing very well at 25yds. Of course she was curious about daddy's new toy and had to try an AR with the new Gemtech Trek-Ti can that was giving me giggles.

Christopher David's Photos | Facebook

Amazed at her asking to go this morning with the cold weather. Had to knock ice off her bench to start the morning but she was a trooper. Funny when she looks at the other shooters arriving with non-suppressed guns and decided its time to go cause "those guns are loud and bothersome".

I'm proud of that 7 year old munchkin.
    Capitol Armory ad

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    She had a blast and wants to go again when it warms up. Even with the suppressor the AR jumped a little more than she liked but the 10-22 was a winner. I'm having a hard time finding a youth stock for the 10-22 I like but will keep looking.

I have spent time with her in the past with a Walther P22 suppressed loading a single bullet keeping a hand on the pistol while she fired but this is the first time she did it entirely on her own. She was a perfect girl. She listened to all range calls and never reached for the trigger till her sights were on target.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Daughters.jpg

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Her groupings were pretty good for a first time out. She was keeping everything on paper but had some fliers. I would say she was holding about 3 inches at 25 yards when she started but things did tighten up during our hour visit.

I just showed her the daughters poster San Antone RR created and she was very flattered.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Mine is 19y/o, but recently showed some interest in going to the range for the first time. We were still working on the grip.

65895_478879617455_781647455_6799360_4654467_n.gif

Top Bottom