• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Still would like to see a real pic of this fargin icehole dead, I mean we had no problem showing Saddam getting hanged so whiskey tango foxtrot ?!?
    Target Sports

On The Border

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WTF did that come off of? It definitely looks like a helicopter tail, but it's not off a Black (or Pave) Hawk. Tail rotor is all wrong, horizontal surfaces all wrong, vertical surface all wrong, area where the tail rotor mounts is all wrong. And it looks like it's got five blades, not the 'Hawk's four.

... it almost looks like a movie prop. Or a low-observable (hence the tail rotor hub cover). But it seems like we'd have nailed that with a JDAM instead of dropping a hint like this...

Here's a link to some actual photos of the aftermath. Yes, there are graphic pics of dead Muzzies. Sadly OBL isn't one of them, but the shot placement is a thing of beauty.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/05/04/photos-show-three-dead-men-at-bin-laden-raid-house

There is at least one fake pic out there of what is supposed to be OBL with a bullet in the melon. It's a fake and here is the pic along with the source pics that were used in the Photoshop.

http://i51.tinypic.com/kd7fv6.jpg

There's a couple of good shots of the rotor assembly in the first link. Speculation is that it's a stealth prototype.

Mission helo was secret stealth Black Hawk - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Stealth Helos Used In Osama Raid

Video: A Silent Rotor Blade Paves the Way for Super-Stealth Choppers | Popular Science

OOPS, forgot one:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155135&d=1304520018

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    On the border, that is one bad ass looking helicopter you posted the link to.:patriot:

attachment.php

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    That doesnt look like any US bird ive seen and i did Helo maintenance, among other things, in the Army. Robin does that look like any that you have seen?

On The Border

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the border, that is one bad ass looking helicopter you posted the link to.

Yea it is. First thing I noticed about it was the tail rotor looks very similar to the one in the crash pic. I have to wonder if the rest of the helo looks like the drawing, or if it's a case like the Monogram model of the Stealth Bomber; just a lucky guess that turned out to be pretty much right on the money.

I'm betting that someone, somewhere is wishing that that tail section had been totally destroyed like the rest of the airframe.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I found a photo of the helo that they used. It was developed during the Reagan administration!
    Look!:

Blueprints:
    blueprint.jpg

Actual picture:
    airwolf.jpg

Here's the two pilots:
    cast.jpg

...and if you didn't get it yet - I'm TOTALLY full of shit!
    Youngsters may want to google the word "Airwolfe"

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    or if it's a case like the Monogram model of the Stealth Bomber; just a lucky guess that turned out to be pretty much right on the money.
    If I remember correctly, that model was completely off target. They had a real rounded plane, where the actual thing was angular. I think they made a big deal about it's accuracy before anyone saw the real thing. Threw the dogs off the scent.

Mono%201128%20F-19.JPG

This is the one from 1987. Does not look anything like what the real one ended up being like. But it made quite a stir back then. Government Disinformation is not new, LOL.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Heh, I remember all the F-19 speculation. Wound up being nowhere as wild as reality, though looking back, that F-19 looks to have borrowed heavily from the XB-70 Valkyrie.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Six degrees of separation thing. I know the guy (Tony Landis) who took the first pictures of the F-117 which were subsequently made public and blew the lid off the program. Amazing and ironic thing was at first the Pentagon and federal government wanted to crucify him for revealing the aircraft, but since he had been on public land when he'd taken the pictures there was nothing they could do. So what did they end up doing? They gave him a job, I kid you not. He was offered a job at Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards AFB and was given a security clearance so he'd be able to photograph some of the classified vehicles during flight test. Fact is often more strange than fiction, and sometimes borderline insane.....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom