• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    can u list your specs? like what cpu u have? did u do any upgrades?

ALSO, i have found that RAM could be an issue aswell, when RAM dies your computer could power up for an instant and turn off again. Among other random screwey things. I build computers constantly and for a power issue like that its norm 1 of 3 things

an upgraded piece that your powersupply isnt sufficiant wattage now

dead motherboard (which u can buy one for 45-300 dollars depending on what you are wanting to do with it)

or RAM issues

also check n see if your wires on the JSP1 part of your mobo havent been loosened up

The specs are here. No upgrades.

If it was the RAM it would turn on for a second? I mentioned it does nothing, so it isn't that.

I have no idea what a JSP1 part is, and I didn't see anything labeled so. Everything is plugged in well though.
    DK Firearms

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You can pull the ram and see if it attempts to boot. It will give you a beep code indicating the ram is missing. Chances are quite good that you have a croaking power supply... but it's impossible to tell in here. It could be anything...

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    You can pull the ram and see if it attempts to boot. It will give you a beep code indicating the ram is missing. Chances are quite good that you have a croaking power supply... but it's impossible to tell in here. It could be anything...

Pulled RAM, nothing.....

I looked up how to test the PSU a while back. I unplugged it all and used a jumper on the MB connector and checked every pin using a chart. It's got to be the MB.

I friend of mine is going to take a look at it tomorrow.

Fighta1337

US NAVY
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    west side of 20 Fort Worth
    Newegg.com - BIOSTAR G41M7 LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

thats a 775 socket your cpu needs and DDR2 that your ram uses, you should be able to just snap everything in and be good to go. obviously u dont have to choose this one but when u go to frys or something just explain "775 socket and DDR2 micro please".

this is of course after you check the wattage in your power supply rails to see if its putting out any power. then the motherboard could be your only issue since you said the cpu is fine , good luck

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    If you're using an HP laptop like I hope you aren't for your sake..... You're going to need to buy a new one period. HP solders all of their hardware components to their boards except the hard drive and RAM chips -- your perfectly good graphics card, sound card, and DVD drive (if you don't remove it) will all become junk because they've been welded on. A new motherboard, unless it comes with all of the components already attached, will essentially be useless unless you can attach everything on it again, unless your computer is old enough to the point that everything is still interchangeable.

Then again, with something that old, perhaps you would be better served simply removing the hard drive and sticking it in a new one -- your old data should still be on there and accessible unless it somehow got corrupted.

Top Bottom