• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I wrote this summer about my 38-year-old son being found dead in a Motel 6 in Ft. Worth. He had a house and car and why he was there will forever be a damn mystery. All the cops and ME found on him was his USMC dog tags and a hair braid, no ID, watch, wallet, nada. The official ME report I just received said he died from fentanyl and said the time from ingestion to his death was minutes. Minutes. How does a person you think you know so well end up in a motel room with no ID and only his dog tags and a hair braid die within minutes ? How did he even check in with no ID? And the ease of fentanyl coming across your so-called secure southern border....
    Military Camp

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Sorry for your lose and prayers for your son. I have no answers to your questions, just feel very bad for you, Plus worry like hell for my 39, 35 & 24 year old kids. They show all signs of having stable lives, BUT as s parent you just are never 100% sure. Just my 2 cents.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Sorry for your loss.
    Lot's of people are being drugged with Fentanyl and robbed or raped then left wherever. Don't overlook this current wave of crime. People have become sick MFKRs.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I wrote this summer about my 38-year-old son being found dead in a Motel 6 in Ft. Worth. He had a house and car and why he was there will forever be a damn mystery. All the cops and ME found on him was his USMC dog tags and a hair braid, no ID, watch, wallet, nada. The official ME report I just received said he died from fentanyl and said the time from ingestion to his death was minutes. Minutes. How does a person you think you know so well end up in a motel room with no ID and only his dog tags and a hair braid die within minutes ? How did he even check in with no ID? And the ease of fentanyl coming across your so-called secure southern border....
    My deepest condolences sir.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’ve thought about keeping some narcan around just in case of incidental exposure-
    You could...

There (like so many things) was a lot of bad info when it first hit the streets.

Here is some of the most current data

When responding to a possible OD, I'm much more concerned with the risk of bio contamination than a drug exposure. Gloves before I touch stuff... thats it.

I've handled fentanyl and fentanyl adulterated drugs before, unless its a dust, you are not likely to inhale any.

The biggest reason for carrying narcan isnt to protect yourself from an accidental exposure (you probably wouldn't notice until you were too happy to care) it would be so if you see someone ODing, you could administer it and possibly save their life.
    Word of warning: never have I seen someone happy to have their high suddenly brought into dope sick... they are usually PISSED and at the least very cranky...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Not to dismiss the heartbreak of your situation, and I'm sure you've gone over and over this in your mind, but I don't see how the circumstances could present in such a way without another party being involved.

How hard did the cops look at this?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sorry for your loss.

Motel 6 is notorious for drug and prostitution hookups. Theres is one by one of my favorite restaurants. It’s a weird place. Not sure if they go there fir the hookers or the drugs or both.

I’ve heard often about deaths by fentanyl that was in some other drug.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Prayer sent.....

That is just awful......

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Sorry for your loss. As others have said, cheap motels are where people stay for drugs and prostitution. They don’t take them to their homes, they go to cheap hotels to get high, laid, and sell stolen stuff.

When I was a patrol officer I used go through all the cheap motels and keep a list of regular vehicles that would be there, some showed up once a week, some once a month. Most with local addresses. Most parked throughout the week at their residence. Most would lead to later arrests for drugs or warrants on one of the occupants.

Motel will know who rented the room and most likely what vehicle they drove with license plate. They just rent out the rooms.

No signs of foul play, and most police will just do an unattended death report (no doctor/underlying cause).

If his ID or credit cards were used by a criminal, that would be a separate case, that would have to be done.

Most places are not going to do DNA tests for another drug overdose in a hotel room, they are just going to document the death and investigate the cause.

Just explaining how it works.

Top Bottom