• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wrote this summer about my 38-year-old son being found dead in a Motel 6 in Ft. Worth. He had a house and car and why he was there will forever be a damn mystery. All the cops and ME found on him was his USMC dog tags and a hair braid, no ID, watch, wallet, nada. The official ME report I just received said he died from fentanyl and said the time from ingestion to his death was minutes. Minutes. How does a person you think you know so well end up in a motel room with no ID and only his dog tags and a hair braid die within minutes ? How did he even check in with no ID? And the ease of fentanyl coming across your so-called secure southern border....
    THIS IS SO SAD AND CONDOLENCES ON YOUR LOSS THE AXXE HOUSEHOLD WILL KEPP YOU AND YOUR'S IN OUR PRAYERS

America#1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    DFW
    Sarge, I can't imagine the pain of loosing a child. I hope an investigation provides you some of the unanswered questions you have. It has already been said by others, it's not uncommon for people to go to motel room to use drugs because they don't want to expose their family members to the dangers of the drugs themselves and they don't want their family members to know of their drug use. So many questions. Unfortunately, all too many vets are using drugs to cope with seen and unseen injuries.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    You could...

There (like so many things) was a lot of bad info when it first hit the streets.

Here is some of the most current data

When responding to a possible OD, I'm much more concerned with the risk of bio contamination than a drug exposure. Gloves before I touch stuff... thats it.

I've handled fentanyl and fentanyl adulterated drugs before, unless its a dust, you are not likely to inhale any.

The biggest reason for carrying narcan isnt to protect yourself from an accidental exposure (you probably wouldn't notice until you were too happy to care) it would be so if you see someone ODing, you could administer it and possibly save their life.
    Word of warning: never have I seen someone happy to have their high suddenly brought into dope sick... they are usually PISSED and at the least very cranky...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Correct. Fentanyl on your skin doesn't do anything.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    You could...

There (like so many things) was a lot of bad info when it first hit the streets.

Here is some of the most current data

When responding to a possible OD, I'm much more concerned with the risk of bio contamination than a drug exposure. Gloves before I touch stuff... thats it.

I've handled fentanyl and fentanyl adulterated drugs before, unless its a dust, you are not likely to inhale any.

The biggest reason for carrying narcan isnt to protect yourself from an accidental exposure (you probably wouldn't notice until you were too happy to care) it would be so if you see someone ODing, you could administer it and possibly save their life.
    Word of warning: never have I seen someone happy to have their high suddenly brought into dope sick... they are usually PISSED and at the least very cranky...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Declare Fentanyl a weapon of mass destruction of punish smugglers/dealers accordingly. Embargo countries that produce it for introduction to the U.S.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    @SARGE67 my heart goes out to you.
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    1f64f.png
    for you and your family.

Losing a child is something I would never wish for anyone to have to go through.

I do know how you feel, because I lost my on 3/29/2010. He was 33 years old.
    His death wasn't from drugs, he was ran off IH 30 while on his motorcycle
    by a female driver who didn't even stop but sped up to leave the scene.

As I write this, my eyes are leaking. Not just for me, but for you also.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Many thanks to all of you. My son Daniel above and I texted almost daily as I do with my other two kids ages 40 and 45. He never gave any indications he was on drugs or unstable, had a good job and he ended up dying in a cheap motel. I will inquire on police report but my daughter already has and was met with laughter, he was a nobody on their radar...

Top Bottom