Target Sports

Decent FFL fees in Fort Worth Arlington?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gregg1LE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Arlington , Texas
    I'm probably going to purchase a handgun from Buds Gun Shop,my first internet gun purchase. What gun shops/individuals offer decent receiving FFL fees in Arlington/Fort Worth area?
    Thanks guys.
    Capitol Armory ad

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I have bought several on the internet out of state without any problems. I did have a guy in Kansas try to charge my brother sales tax on a gun I bought for him and had shipped to the FFL dealer. After he and I talked and he looked it up he found out that he was wrong and just charged the transfer fee. I can't say for all states but Texas and Kansas are like that. If you live in Texas and buy a gun on the internet from a dealer in Texas, the dealer you purchase the gun from will charge the state tax but the FFL you have it shipped to will still only charge the transfer fee. Done that too.

Good luck.

TM

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just a point of interest. The reason the out of state seller doesn't asses the tax is that most do no have presence in every state they could possibly ship to. If the vendor IS represented in the state shipped to (Dell Computer for one) they will charge tax on out of state shipments. If they have no presences, they don't charge the tax. But legally, you, the buyer are responsible for paying the tax directly to Texas.

Be it guns or a camera or whatever. There is a form (#01-156) that is used to report and pay these taxes. However, it is currently next to impossible for States to track down these transactions, so most people just don't bother to pay up. Look for that to change in the not to distant future.

Badger57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wills Point, TX
    Just to let ya'll know if you take an enjoyable drive out of the CITY and come to East Texas, "Sabine River Sales" right out of Edgewood, TX ,will get the job done here also, transfers - $15.00 with CHL, Gary Fancher owns the place and he will treat you like a neighbor! Call him at : 903-896-4500 Good Honost Guy.

Top Bottom