• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I agree a war or even a skirmish with Russia is not a good idea. It does suck that we kinda told Ukraine we'd have their back then we don't. Not the first time we've done that. Probably not the last time.

We are irrevocably bound to Japan, south Korea, & Taiwan.

IMHO, Ukraine is not our baby. . . . . . .

leVieux

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Heck, let's just sit back and let Russia and China take over the entire world. Who cares about anybody else?

Of course, after a while they will be visiting our shores. And not as tourists.

Ignoring and appeasing Hitler worked out so well, after all. We would be speaking German now, had we not gotten involved. And more American lives were lost in the end because we took so long to get involved.

This does not take going to war. Strength is the best way to prevent a war. Give Ukraine some appropriate arms to make it too costly for Russia.

Isolationism ends up with you being isolated, and everyone else against you.
    russia's military is in shambles and china is too busy driving african nations into debt via infrastructure building and inflating its own GDP with their own shitty buildings on their own shitty soil, this aint like how it was 40 years ago when it was east and west its all a money game now.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Give Ukraine some appropriate arms to make it too costly for Russia.

If it's on your dime, fine. Just as long as I'm not taxed still more to give money to a bunch of people I don't give 2 ph()cks about Enough of that going on already with all these illegals.

Now if the Ukraine wants to *buy* some of our weapons, that's a very very different story. Step right up, the store is open. We'll meet or beat any competitor's price, with free 2-day shipping.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    russia's military is in shambles and china is too busy driving african nations into debt via infrastructure building and inflating its own GDP with their own shitty buildings on their own shitty soil, this aint like how it was 40 years ago when it was east and west its all a money game now.
    Time will tell.

I predict that Russia and China will still gain territory if the US allows it through weakness.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The USSR was not put together by a peaceful banding together of willing nations/peoples.

Correct,

BUT,

The "USSR" was disbanded some 25 or 30 years ago and modern Russian leaders are all Christians today.

It has been quite a while since anyone over there provoked or threatened us.

We need to let the sleeping bear alone. . . . . . The regime in Kiev are the Bad Guys here, and we KNOW it.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This entire situation is another Biden “how could we have known?” which is the direct result of his lifting of sanctions for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrong, in fact that should be seen as conciliatory to them.

Weakening our Military and our Leaders is what invites aggressors.

Every time !

leVieux

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    While I agree that it is not in our best interest to get directly involved, the US at the time should not have offered to "protect" them if they agree to give up their nuclear weapons. Because of this situation, the Ukrainians feel betrayed. We had no business doing that but it was done. It was foolish for us to do that and it was naive for them to agree to go through with the disarmament.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    From what I understand back when Ukraine got its independence they agreed to give up the nukes they had from the Russian occupation in exchange for security/defense agreements with the US. From what I heard from a Ukrainian on the matter many Ukrainians now feel like they should never have given up the nukes they had as it would have made any aggressor think twice about attacking them and also it is generally thought that the US has not come to their aid as they hoped with the current situation with Russia. Because of this situation, I very much doubt North Korea will ever give up its nukes because they can clearly see what has happened to Ukraine because of it.
    I too heard this as some people I know were trying to buy Su27s from the Ukrainian AF following their decommissioning as nuke-capable bombers. I don't know how this agreement went down (state dept or senate-ratified treaty?), but it is getting ZERO press.

Ukraine's mistake was not immediately joining NATO. It will not go well for them. Furthermore, this will have an effect on NATO. When I talk to friends in NATO, they all tell me the same: they are really frightened of a resurgent Russia threatening Europe and do not see in the US the previous will to defend the continent. We play policeman all over the world, but won't play policeman in their neighborhood? Maybe the US isn't such a great ally and NATO isn't as strong as they think. With Brandon at the helm, they are probably right.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I too heard this as some people I know were trying to buy Su27s from the Ukrainian AF following their decommissioning as nuke-capable bombers. I don't know how this agreement went down (state dept or senate-ratified treaty?), but it is getting ZERO press.

It all went down during the Obama administration so you know the press is not going to do a single thing to tarnish his reputation even if he deserves the criticism.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Ukraine's mistake was not immediately joining NATO. It will not go well for them. Furthermore, this will have an effect on NATO. When I talk to friends in NATO, they all tell me the same: they are really frightened of a resurgent Russia threatening Europe and do not see in the US the previous will to defend the continent. We play policeman all over the world, but won't play policeman in their neighborhood? Maybe the US isn't such a great ally and NATO isn't as strong as they think. With Brandon at the helm, they are probably right.

It will be up to the Germans. so far, they seem to have little will to defend themselves, much unlike their grandparents. Where is the Wehrmacht when the Fatherland needs it so ? My late Dad repeatedly warned that our government was over-pacifying post-War Germany. Worse, the back-up is QueMala ! May GOD protect Europe if they deserve it. . . . . . leVieux

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I worry about Biden doing something stupid.....like getting us involved in Ukraine......

What better to distract us from all his other failures?

I know, it's stupid to think he would get us involved.....but his Administration is becoming desperate to find something they can cling to...........

....and desperate people do stupid shit............

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    We are irrevocably bound to Japan, south Korea, & Taiwan.

IMHO, Ukraine is not our baby. . . . . . .

leVieux
    Ukraine is probably not the USA's problem unless we have given our word to defend them. However, if I was given time away from work and the chance to take some of my tools I would seriously consider going and "helping out".

Russia is intending to create a war of conquest, they have no intention of leaving like we did with Mexico.

And to those saying "it's not my problem" energy prices will skyrocket if Russia invades, that will make the cost of production and transportation of goods you use daily go up, exacerbating (that mean making it worse for those of you in Rio Linda) Bare-Shelves-Biden's inflation problem...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    The 1,000 year history of "Ukraine" whatever it is is mighty confusing.
    Anyway, the part Russia is getting ready to move on is the area where the people all speak Russian. Wonder what they want to happen ?

Top Bottom