• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I've attended a defensive pistol course held by the Defensive Concepts North Carolina when I was stationed out there. And have some various rifle training by my good Uncle Sam but nothing real serious. 500 yard KD range and some basic field fire stuff with A2s and A4s.

I'm trying to find some places close by to take some classes probably about once every 3 months for both rifle an pistol.

I am somewhat budget limited I don't mind firing off 1k rounds for a class but do mind paying 600 dollars for a class such as with Tacpro.

I'm looking for folks that have had dealing with the any of the following instructors/courses

Professional Weapons & CHL Training -- Defensive Handgun, Shotgun and Rifle Courses :: Critical Defense Group

Professional Firearms Training-Concealed Handgun-CHL Classes-Gun Safety-Target Shooting-Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun Marksmanship, Argyle, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Denton County Texas

those two above are very close to me I'm living out of Saginaw right now.

Another I was considering was
    MAST SOLUTIONS

It's a bit further down in Katy and while he has contacted me about some upcoming classes (only one so far) I still don't have a price per course or even course requirements yet. I'm going to be shooting him another e-mail in the morning to ask about that.

I've also looked at Tiger Valley and have read a few reviews they are also an option. I watched a video of teh MASTsolutions folks and it looked promising.

Thanks for any help ya'll can give.
    ARJ Defense ad

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I talked with a couple of guys from Guardian Angle. They use the range down in Ferris a couple ofntimes a month. I plan on attending one here soon. 1 day course $150.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Www.gapmc.com

Not much on their site, but I have talked with two of the guys that run it and for $150 I figured I would take a chance.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Find an IDPA practice close to you. That would be cheap and good pistol practice. I go to one in Sherman on Thursday nights from 7-9. $10

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I've been shooting USPSA for years (5 I think I can't remember lol) and IDPA for about a year now. I learned more from that one defensive pistol course in a day than I did in all that time shooting USPSA and the past year doing IDPA. IDPA restricts me too much on what I would or would not do. USPSA allows more freedom but generally no concealment or places to really use cover lol.

I still keep shooting them though becuase 1 its fun and 2 you at least get to shoot outside of the "Square range" which is great. I've gotten to where I can only spend maybe 45 mins or so shooting on a regular range until I'm bored and packing it in for the day.

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    I've attended a defensive pistol course held by the Defensive Concepts North Carolina when I was stationed out there. And have some various rifle training by my good Uncle Sam but nothing real serious. 500 yard KD range and some basic field fire stuff with A2s and A4s.

I'm trying to find some places close by to take some classes probably about once every 3 months for both rifle an pistol.

I am somewhat budget limited I don't mind firing off 1k rounds for a class but do mind paying 600 dollars for a class such as with Tacpro.

I'm looking for folks that have had dealing with the any of the following instructors/courses

Professional Weapons & CHL Training -- Defensive Handgun, Shotgun and Rifle Courses :: Critical Defense Group

Professional Firearms Training-Concealed Handgun-CHL Classes-Gun Safety-Target Shooting-Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun Marksmanship, Argyle, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Denton County Texas

those two above are very close to me I'm living out of Saginaw right now.

Another I was considering was
    MAST SOLUTIONS

It's a bit further down in Katy and while he has contacted me about some upcoming classes (only one so far) I still don't have a price per course or even course requirements yet. I'm going to be shooting him another e-mail in the morning to ask about that.

I've also looked at Tiger Valley and have read a few reviews they are also an option. I watched a video of teh MASTsolutions folks and it looked promising.

Thanks for any help ya'll can give.

Texas Defensive Shooting Academy www.tdsa.net in Ferris TX is the ultimate range for all your marksmanship training in the DFW area. You name the course and it is taught there.:patriot:

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Their website was last updated on July 6th of last year :/

So far out of all the folks I've tried to contact via e-mail only one MAST Solutions has contacted me back.

Top Bottom