• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't believe there is a rule that they can't run a background check if you have a license. I just don't see a business sense to prolong a sale any longer than is required.

Wolfy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2021
    West Texas
    iirc= maybe wrong/ depending on memory

Axxe55, where do you see DougC saying what you claim he said?

802CBA34-FC7F-42B1-9E3F-66DE981F9DA8.jpeg

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    The guy said the reason for my delay was more than likely due to 4th of July weekend. Lots of firearms being sold apparently that weekend.

This makes no sense. Academys in Tx don’t Background Check Tx Licensed buyers.
    Even in “liberal held” El Paso, Academy doesn’t NICS carry-licensed customers.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's right there in DougC's post, #192. Start at the very beginning of this thread, and read this thread in it's entirety to understand the context of post #192 and then my answers afterwards.

Not just DougC, but Surplus Guy brought it up too in #92 - "I never ask. He may do it after I leave."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Not just DougC, but Surplus Guy brought it up too in #92 - "I never ask. He may do it after I leave."

Yes he did. I lost track of all the comments on this thread, DougC's post was just the more recent one that caught my attention to that question.

I kind of see it this way. If a person has the LTC, and federal gun law allows an exemption to doing an NCIS background check by using a LTC permit instead, then IMO there is zero need for Academy to do the NCIS check. If that is their company policy, that they are, I'd suggest taking your business elsewhere instead. A lot of people have an LTC permit to bypass this step of the NCIS check in purchasing a firearm, and many have stated on other threads with CC being passed, keeping their LTC permit for purchasing is one of the reasons that they will renew theirs.

But after reading some of the replies on this thread, it appears that some Academy stores are doing a NCIS check, even with having a LTC permit, and some aren't. The aren't being consistent. This makes me wonder if this is an Academy company policy, or one driven by individual store managers, or the sales clerks just not knowing the legal requirements.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Not if you're going to hold yourself up as knowledgeable in the subject matter...never mind - I seed what youd did there...lol

Well you try pulling those four letters out of your alphabet soup and putting them in the correct order! It ain't as easy as you think!

Seriously, you are correct. I'm mixing it up with the other use of the same four letters, belonging to the Navy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well you try pulling those four letters out of your alphabet soup and putting them in the correct order! It ain't as easy as you think!

Seriously, you are correct. I'm mixing it up with the other use of the same four letters, belonging to the Navy.

LOL - I get ya...I'm just so used to it that I figure everyone is...lol

Top Bottom