• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I don't remember what show played it, but Denny's ran a commercial where a guy is there with his two kids and asks (I paraphrase) what makes America great. One little girl makes an intellectual remark about the constitution and laws, a grodie biker type makes an unexpected left wing remark about how "our differences" make us better--or some bleeding liberal words to that effect. But then an old lady says, "It's the 2nd amendment and our right to keep and bear arms."

I think that spot warrants a lunch sale or two to gun owners. I'm going to Denny's tomorrow, and I'll be sure and tell the manager why I came.

Good for Denny's.
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Too many corporations cow to the liberal interest and thought that dispises them and wants to limit their (corporation's) voice in political debate. It's refreshing to find one that is willing to speak up no matter how it may play to the lefties. Good for Denny's; now if they could just do something about their menu.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Another company that supports the 2nd amendment is Starbucks. Now to add denny's to my list of "American" companies!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Catching flak from the Brady Bunch? What, all five of them?

Guys, the Bradys are nothing. They have no grassroots; it's all money coming in from grants and such. They're nothing like the NRA (money comes from us).

Their boycotts always end up with the company seeing a spike in business when we counter, because their side has only a tiny handful of believers, let alone hard-core supporters.

Another company that supports the 2nd amendment is Starbucks. Now to add denny's to my list of "American" companies!

Starbuck's is neutral on the fight. They refuse to pick a side, which basically puts them on our side by default. But it's not through any benevolence on their part.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

My oldest daughter lives in Seattle and works for Starbucks corporate.
    She has to be at work by 4:45 am which means she grabs a bus at 4:15.
    She's legally permitted to carry, but even permitted carrying, open or concealed, is strictly verbotten while on company property.

It would be nice for her to be able to carry for personal protection at that hour. But she has no place to store the weapon while on shift.

So it appears they have picked a side, IMHO.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Well that makes me slightly angry. It would be nice for her to be able to carry. Foul on Starbucks part! Looks like they have chosen a side.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    the Denny's commercials running now don't seem to have the biker or granny in them. I hope they did not cave to pressure . they might have just shortened them up for time and money sake

Keri-Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Little Elm, TX
    I hadn't seen it, but I like it! Good for Denny's for taking a 'hot' issue and delivering it with some humor (i.e., the gigantic burger that was clearly foremost on his mind). Of course, now that I've watched the commercial, I'm hungry.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Well that makes me slightly angry. It would be nice for her to be able to carry. Foul on Starbucks part! Looks like they have chosen a side.
    Many companies now are afraid of an employee going postal, so they have a no gun policy for employees (like that would matter to an employee gone nutso). Starbucks nationwide has a store policy of compliance with local laws, and they have so stated. So unlike the weenies who have 30.06 signs, Starbucks does not. In fact, one of those sissy anti gun organizations held a stay away on Valentines Day at Starbucks, but no one noticed. In fact, Tom Gresham suggested on his radio show before 2/14, that listeners go to Starbucks on Valentines Day and buy something, adding a "thanks" to the manager or clerk, as available. On the next show, some people called saying they did, and further, none of the Starbucks people who were asked, were even aware of the stay away campaign.

Nobody's perfect. It's just a shame that people in charge can't figure out that "go guns" policies and signs are only going to affect people who would not be a problem and that those signs are just a "Criminals Welcome Here" ad for bad guys.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked in the Texas prison system which is probably the least user friendly employer on Earth. The Warden at our unit allowed Female employees who came to work very early or left very late to bring CHL weapons to the employee parking lot. They had to be "double locked" (locked in a box, inside of the locked trunk). That was a major concession and I was amazed when he ruled in favor of it. Don't know if that extended to other units or just to ours.

What's wrong with these knothead companies? They need to get some employee lockers so the ladies can store their property and keep their employees safe!

Flash

Top Bottom