Join TexasGunTalk

Dental phobia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mohawk600, Nov 18, 2019.

1. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife goes berserk at the dentist, even for cleanings.

The moment she gets into the chair, she gets gassed. Much better that way.

I had so much work done as a kid, it’s a relief to go in and just get cleanings. I enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Southpaw likes this.
  2. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

What round for dentists?

Dad_Roman likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    $$$$

toddnjoyce, Dad_Roman and Mohawk600 like this.
  4. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    LOL....yes....I am looking at a big bill.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  5. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I had 6 years of head-gear and braces as a kid......at least 4 teeth pulled just to make room for everything to move around.

At my initial appointment, the orthodontist proposed surgically breaking my upper jaw and moving it back to correct the over-bite......at 9 or 10 years old....I started crying about that.

At 16 I had all four wisdom teeth removed under local....with two impacted....having to be sectioned out. At the time, my mom was opposed to drugs (she was a part of the PTA and active in the anti drug campaign) so she wouldn't even let them give me nitrous oxide. That is where my phobia comes from.....it wasn't a pleasant experience.

4 years in the military.....I had a few fillings done which weren't too ba

6. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have a feeling that the molar in question can't be saved as it is about 50% decayed on radiograph. If that is the case, I will have L-PRF with bone graft done in order to have an implant placed. I could probably do without it (the implant) but that would reduce my chewing surface quite a bit. Why so long on the healing time before implant? I see places advertising full implants in a day......is that not possible? If it is.....what is the diff between full and single implants?

7. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I did go CIA once....and had a minor filling done without anesthesia......never again.

majormadmax and Southpaw like this.
  8. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    Had heavy sedation for my last colonoscopy. Sure as hell didn't make it easy and I doubt I'll ever recover from that ordeal.

9. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sounds like my childhood.
    Teeth were way too big for my mouth...yes I see the irony

Braces and a neck gear from grade 4 thru the summer just before I entered high school.

One set of molars removed when I got the braces.

Wisdom teeth removed when I was in 5tb grade, they were just tiny little things in the x-rays at the time, not close to coming out but no room for ‘em anyway.

Orthodontist with firearms like Popeye, the pain from getting braces tightened was unreal and I do still remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I understood what you meant.......but......."firearms like Popeye" made me laugh.

I have had my share of heavy handed dentists with their meat-hooks in my mouth.......I don't like it.

pronstar likes this.