• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    So I just got done sorting a metric shit ton of brass and I'm looking for a quick way to deprime them.....I've always used a progressive but don't currently have mine set up so I was curious what the easiest to use hand depriming tool or shortcut way to deprime a bunch of em!

I want to run them through the sonic cleaner with the primer pocket empty before I store them!

Thank ya ladies and gents!

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I just did a bunch the other day with a 1/16" punch. I used a 1/2' socket to set them and and 'thwack'.

Not the quickest way but it's what I had.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The shortcut is to set the progressive back up. The "extra" time spent bolting it back to the bench or however you normally set it up would likely be far shorter than using any hand depriming tool I've ever used. Is there something preventing you from using your progressive?

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    The shortcut is to set the progressive back up. The "extra" time spent bolting it back to the bench or however you normally set it up would likely be far shorter than using any hand depriming tool I've ever used. Is there something preventing you from using your progressive?
    Don't have a bench/area to set it up on! I used to load on my buddy's press, bought my own then moved to Texas and started school.......don't have the space to set it up yet otherwise I would!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Bolt your press to a chunk of wood and use C clamps to mount it where ever you want. Kitchen counter or table works well until your wife gets home.

Progressive press with case feeder and Lee universal depriming die would be the easiest.

jpatm2

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    I use the lee hand press while sitting watching TV with the wife. Just remember to empty the old primers before they get into the shell holder.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I use the Lee breech lock hand press or Lee Loader kit to deprime. If i use the Lee loader, just put a towel in your lap, a small 2x6 and go at it.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Academy by me has a spot on the shelf for the hand press but is out......have two weeks off from school and figure this'll help me pass some time!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That it would, and it is portable. Academy by me has Lee presses now. First time I ever saw reloading stuff there. I like it.

from an idgit coffeeholic

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    I use the lee hand press while sitting watching TV with the wife. Just remember to empty the old primers before they get into the shell holder.

It will hold about 45 small pistol/rifle primers before it jams up... ask me how I know...

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    What calibers duckknot? How much brass?
    9mm
    223/556

2f08b92ba89c42ac01681ef5bcfa8e14.jpg

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm trying to understand the concept of adding a step to the reloading process.

Why deprime, then resize, when it can be done in one step?

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX

I plan to do it all at once for the calibers I have the decap/resizing die for (all except for 45)

Probably gonna end up finding a way to get my press up and running.......I just dont have a bench built for it!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

Some of the brass I get is pretty dirty and only have a hand press. I use a Lee Loader to deprime most brass unless it is clean. Once I get a bench press, probably just sort the dirtiest stuff and use one step. Usually just do it in the recliner watching tv. Priming too. the rest I set up a table and pay attention. Close attention.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom