• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Hand fitted parts at the time. Look at a Cimarron revolver. They aint pretty on the inside but it works.

I had a 1980's 686 that was fine. Starting getting endshake but was still usable. Trigger was like glass it had so many rounds.
    I mean this ain't what I'd call hand fitting...
    IMG_20220905_140426.jpg

Action is tight enough and smooth, so i guess I can't complain...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ah okay I was worried that you traded for a Taurus or Hi-Point
    Nah. A buddy at the time returned from deployment. Was his birthday and he had a lot of bills and family stuff dumped on him. Couldn't afford much. Only other time I gifted something was another buddy at the time was getting into LE and again didn't have much to spend. Gifted him my ol gen 2 Glock 22.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Hand fitted parts at the time. Look at a Cimarron revolver. They aint pretty on the inside but it works.

I had a 1980's 686 that was fine. Starting getting endshake but was still usable. Trigger was like glass it had so many rounds.
    End shake can be fixed.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    They got it right from the beginning. The Model 27/28 is an absolute joy to shoot 357 Mag in. It's a very accurate, comfortable gun to shoot even hot loads in. 38 Special in that gun has very little recoil.

It's not a great carry gun, but is a fantastic target/hunting gun. It's also hard to beat an N frame for durability.

Ignore the grips. I was making a set of grips for someone and was using my Model 28 to get the fit right. That's apparently the only photo of it I have.

Model 28.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I thought it was as good as it gets when I shot another members SW R8. 8 rounds, great trigger and accurate as can be. However when I got around to buying my own TRR8 it wasn't quite as nice. The tensioned barrel worked loose in 100 rounds or so. So I guess the next best thing would be a 5-7" 627.

The 28-2 also comes close and has been the most accurate out of the box 357 I've ever owned. It loses a few points for 6 round capacity but mine was from the late 60s and it screams hand made quality even with it's very basic design.

Top Bottom