• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This is a chance for every man to describe his dream living space. If you're a family man and don't have your own space, dream one up. I live alone so I already have mine. I'll start.

First, there is not one frilly, lacy, flowery thing in my house! There's not a heart to be seen anywhere! My perfect score CHL test target is hanging on the inside of the front door and rifles hang from racks. Tools are found in abundance and I have a 16x32 barn specially built for the 6 motorcycles, two Jet Skis and 9 bicycles that were stored there. I moved onto other things and sold most of them (except one cycle). The garage has a large, well lighted workbench with a major bench vise.

Converted the smaller bedroom into a "tinker room" where I have a work bench and set up my reloading stuff there. Of course....the "safe" is there.

The living room is home to a huge LCD and big, overstuffed chairs with tall backs perfect for slouching. Feet get propped up on my coffee table or anywhere else! Shooting awards and trophies are everywhere as are books, mostly about guns, canoes or motorcycles.

I liked my Coleman camping lanterns and gear so I used that for decorating. My computer chair is a huge, leather office chair. No one else is permitted to sit in my chair. I sleep in it when I want to by pulling up a footstool (heavily padded) and snoozing.

The China cabinet has canoes, boats, model cars, cannons and a model of a smallblock Chevy engine.

I ripped out every shred of carpet and had tile installed through the whole place. Clean up is done with a big dustmop. ZIP and it's done! Powder spills? No problem! Spill a drink? No problem! Sweep, wipe up and dust mop! A vacuum cleaner is nowhere to be found.

Bathroom towels and throw rugs have moose and canoe decor. Bed stuff is all wolves, moose, canoes or camo.

There are two major gas grills outside with a picnic table that I built. The back yard is privacy fenced and if I feel like it, I pee outside. I hate kneeling down to work on plants so I built 8 huge tables out of landscape timbers and everything is in pots and up at waist height. I water my sago and other plants in my Jockey shorts if I want to.

The yard is set up so virtually all trimming is eliminated and the tractor can get almost everything without hand mowing.

The neighbors are great! We watch over each other, help if help is needed but don't stay in each others' pockets.

That's about it. Life is tough!

Flash
    DK Firearms

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    My whole house has recently become "Man Cave." The future ex took most of the furniture, so I'm slowly rebuilding.

Right now, I don't have the money do anything special, but the flowers and frills are gone. I've still got my old 55" Mitsubishi projection TV in the living room. It still works great and it does 1080i, so I'll keep it until the wheels fall off. I picked up an old, puffy leather sofa for the living room. The upstairs is vacant except for my daughter's room. I'll set up my office again in the former step-son's bedroom, and the game room has lots of possibilities. It's about 14 by 20 and open to the downstairs. I'm either going to put a pool table and video games, or wall it in, buy some puffy leather chairs, a big screen TV, a stand up humidor and a smoke eater for a nice cigar room.

Right now, I is broke, so I can only dream.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Great plan! Been there and done that, too. I got wiped out to the last stick of furniture so I really started at zero.

Dining table.......picnic table
    Bookshelves.....concrete blocks and wood planks.
    stove.......Coleman (open the windows first).
    bed.....4" piece of foam
    living room chairs.........lawn chairs and a reclining lawn chair.
    Dressers.....cardboard boxes

It ended up being fun and WORTH THE HASSLE! Been single since 1975.

Flash

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Well, here goes:
    At my place, women enter through the front door where they are greeted by flowers and hearts that all say welcome. Men enter through the garage where they are greeted by 2 old lister-peter diesels at the mouth of the garage.
    Come around the diesels and there is a wall length work bench with all reloading gear displayed along with 3 rolling office chairs at set stations, prized targets and antlers go above the work-bench.
    Turn around from the bench and find a 8 ft long by 3 ft wide table a gun vise and assorted parts and tools assorted on it.
    Then in the set off portion of the garage, there is the MAN ZONE, where ash trays and spitoons hide next to an old plaid couch and 2 pieces of what used to be a 5 piece living room set. The old RCA turntable cabinet resides there with records hiding inside.
    As well, in the garage, there is a home-made wood/charcoal burning bbq pit next to a low dollar propane pit (for the chicken).

Upon entering the kitchen, one will find assorted boots sitting by the door and beer bottle lined cabinet tops of all the various beers that go in and out of it. ( the frilly things shall not be mentioned.)

Leave the kitchen and enter the living room to find 2 leather recliners and a new overstuffed 5 piece set for napping, all facing a 50" Plasma ( I know they arent the best, but they're cheaper than LCD) hooked up to a modest "home-made" surround sound system.

In the office resides the safe. Along with various WWII items and Guitars strewn amongst an old desk.

Aside from those few things, the frills take their half, I take mine, and yes, the bathroom door is adorned with a "liberated" NO DUMPING sign.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    cool thread.

my place has undergone a bit of a makeover.
    black couch in the front, diningroom has a serve through bar fromt he kitchen, which is lined at either end with bottles (i try to make sure they are FULL bottle but eh,.,..)
    the bar is for drinking behind that, the table is covered with sports gear. right now im takigna part and rebuiilding all my fishing stuff.
    i wouldnt eat on that table though, to many chemicals.
    meals are eaten on the couch or at the computer desk, unless it is somethigne xxcessivly messy, then you eat over a sink.
    bedroom has two desks. one is for reloading, and gun cleaning. one is for computing and paperwork type stuff.

large stereo, with radio, record, cd, mp3, and cassette options, (pc connected as well)
    closet is BIG.
    guns on the walls, minifridge (beer whiskey and soda), radio equipment, small table and two chairs. this as well as the kitchen is where i like to do science. >=)

bed clothes are as follows, black top sheet red bottom, yellow pillow cases. all plain colors.
    texas and rebel flags hung strategically around.

main hallway doubles as an airgun range.
    mainly co2 pistols ;);) cause i dont care how old ya are, that shit never gets old.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I'm starting to see a pattern here, and it doesn't involve gettin' laid.
    On the contrary, while not a daily occurrence, maybe 2-3 times a week would be average, I am one of the fortunate few to have a girlfriend who hates guns but loves to fish, she drew her ground, I drew mine, we meet in the middle.

The only sad thing, is I have a nickel plated/engraved astra .25 auto firecat that she's in love with, but she won't even shoot it. Can't have it if you don't know how to use it.

See post, http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...range/15052-post-pic-yourself.html#post162808

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    well i'll make it easy, the inside of my Mancave would be decorated exactly like the inside of "CABELA'S"!! Yuppers, and my wife knows and hopes we dont win the lottery!! cause she knows if we do win the lotto, ill buy the nearest Cabelas or Bass pro-shop and move in!!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    well i'll make it easy, the inside of my Mancave would be decorated exactly like the inside of "CABELA'S"!! Yuppers, and my wife knows and hopes we dont win the lottery!! cause she knows if we do win the lotto, ill buy the nearest Cabelas or Bass pro-shop and move in!!

Hah!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm starting to see a pattern here, and it doesn't involve gettin' laid.

Geeze, where have you been? The booty call bell is ringing more at 63.5 than it did at 18!

Well, wait a minute........OK.....GETTING REALISTIC.....the above excludes the time period when the birth control pills were just getting popular. Sex was a contact sport then, and we'd all get calls like "Why don't you come over for a nice, friendly, ----!" AHHHHH, those were the days!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Boy Flash you aint kidding, those were the days!! back when sex was actually clean and most girls/women were all on birth control!!:patriot: I bar hopped all thru my 20's and it was nothing but dollar drink nights and a full time F--k fest!!:p then came a lovely marriage and 2 Beautiful children!! now the sex is almost obsolete and the shooting hobby going full bore.....

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i figured you guys where gonna start talking 'bout the good ole days ie clubs tot he head and drug by the hair back to your cave ;)
    but what are ya'll talkin about? sex is still a contact sport, but it just has a bit of a blackjack or roulette element to it. hehe.
    i cant speak to the being married part though. i had a live in gf for 2 years, it was great for the first oh... 10 months? after that i it was kindof like having a roomate that i could bang. not very rewarding. and then she told me how much fun she had at the obama rally in san marcos and how she was going to vote int hat direction.....
    welp, that very day i was a single man and began restoring my pad to its former masculine glory.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Just remember the term "I love you" means "I will stay and not leave you" in female talk. If they can get you to say that, ZAP....you're hooked!

I had a live in lady friend. We played Volleyball, sports , sang duets together and basically were best friends. We began living together and all of that stopped. I asked her why and she replied "I don't have to do that shit any more." Needless to say, that went South pronto.

My lady Bonnie and I have been together for 10 years. We lived together for 7 years. She has her own place, now and comes over here 4 days/week. That's just right.

Don't get me wrong. I have been told that I treat a woman better than many have ever had before. I'm considerate, caring, affectionate, love to talk and listen to their concerns and absolutely truthful and trustworthy. I simply won't take belligerent crap in my home. If that starts, they'll be cruising through the door.

I've never cheated with or on anyone in my life because one woman provides all the problems any man needs.

Been single since 1975 and wouldn't have it any other way.
    =======================================================================================

then she told me how much fun she had at the obama rally in san marcos and how she was going to vote int hat direction.....
    welp, that very day i was a single man and began restoring my pad to its former masculine glory.

Wolfy, I am damned proud of you! I met a lot of ladies online before Bonnie & I got together. One came to my home and spent the time ragging on me about the "weaponry" in my home. A few days later, she softened up a bit and asked if we could try things again. My response was HELL NO AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!"

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Boy Flash you aint kidding, those were the days!! back when sex was actually clean and most girls/women were all on birth control!!

A few would request a condom and I'd just say thank you and leave. It was the days before Aids and other good stuff and with the "Birthies", it was fun times. Incidentally, when Aids got to be a big deal, I got tested several times and everything was fine. Maybe I dodged the bullet, I don't know, but it sure was fun!

Hey how about this?
    Lots of us seem to be undergoing "transitions" in lifestyle. How about posting "Mancave furniture" available for trade? If a guy needed something, we could post that, too. I have some extra. Maybe we could have a "trade only" system so everyone could benefit. I wonder if the mods would us allow us to do that here as it's all about building the "mancave" as compared selling for profit. Let's check with the Mods so we don't get tangled up.

Any interest?

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well, at my house the garage and master bedroom are mine. My daughter's crap pretty much takes over the rest of the house. I have it pretty nice, tho. Lots of tools and two old Italian sports cars in the garage and the master bedroom has a HUGE walk in closet that I've turned into "the gun room". I pretty much just keep my clothes in laundry baskets and "piles" next to my bed, tho I have a dresser as well. Also in the bedroom is 5 very full bookshelves, and a love seat facing my computer with the 28" monitor. The computer serves as my entertainment center.

Now if I ever get around to building my own house, it's going to be a two story with a basement. The entire first floor will be a garage large enough to fit all my cars. Basement will will have the gun vault and home theater. 2nd floor will have living quarters, library and office. The kitchen will be outside of course. I BBQ and grill everything, lol...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The huge gun room/closet sounds great! I like the idea of closing a door and having all of the goodies out of sight. Unfortunately, my place only has two closets so I took a bedroom and made a "Tinker Room" out of it. I work on smaller projects like electronics, trigger mods, reloading and fairly clean stuff, there. The dirty stuff is done in the garage and the car stuff, outside.

There is a plus side of having only one functional bedroom. My lady spends 4 days a week over here. She bunks with me. If we aren't that close, she stays home. Also, visitors, relatives and other folks know I don't have room to accommodate them. It's a pity!

Flash

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    To get to my man cave, you need not fret, for my personal butler will pick you up in a Range Rover D90 that will take you through the forest and fjord the river towards my man dwelling that was chiseled out of the rock face by scantily clad Amazons. Along the way you will be delighted to know that you may kill and eat anything of your choosing and you will be provided with a myriad of fine firearms such as my custom .50 BMG Ackley H&H double rifle, or a belt-fed M1919 barreled in .338 Lapua Magnum. Upon entrance to my not so humble abode you will be greated by 20 ft. tall slate doors, marked with the word Valhalla, that give way to an path of crushed Taliban bones. On your right will be a 500 yard indoor firing range, air conditioned, and with a 50' ceiling height and live targets if you so incline, and on the left will be a personal IMAX for viewing anything of your choice, complimented by a full bar stocked full of the finest Scotch, Bourbon, Whiskey, Tequila, Gin, and Beer in the world, anything else will be forbidden (yes, even wine). Further into this palace of manliness you will locate me, adorned in full Viking attire, where I will guide you to my fine collection of medieval weapons, most of which are still caked in blood from forgotten foes. Through the glass wall you will feast your eyes upon my private lake stocked full of large bass and wild women. Encircling the lake will be a replica of the complete two-part Nurburgring (Sudschliefe and Nordschliefe) with a complete garage of vintage and modern race cars, and a few police cars to chase you if you so choose, and of course, my own Formula One and WRC race teams' HQ. Beyond the pavement will be a variable environment rally stage complete with tarmac, dirt, gravel, and ice surfaces. You will pay no taxes, you will pay no fees, you have only your imagination.

Valhalla be praised.

Top Bottom