• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Deagles are chambered in .50 Action Express, as well as .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, and I believe there are some in .41 Action Express as well.

The Desert Eagle is a beast of a gun, but the recoil is not bad at all compared to similar chamberings in a revolver. The shear mass of the gun and cycling action nips alot of the impact. The .50 AE definitely is one of the bigger muzzle flash rounds out there, it's fun to shoot and draws alot of attention.

Some day I might have to buy one, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

The D/E was available in .41 mag, not .41 AE. The .41 Mag version is the only one I would consider (just because I really like my .41's)

The Baby Eagle, AKA Jericho 941 was available in .41 AE. The .41 AE had a rebated rim allowing a 9mm breech face to handle a .41 caliber round. It dies with the advent of the .40 S&W.
    Hurley's Gold

NL226

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    US
    I have a matt black Desert Eagle and love it. Tactical or practical aside it will always be my favorite gun, it's a monster.

NL226

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    US
    Agreed Mclaren,

50 AE is much more powerful than 44 Magnum.Alot of people try to cheat barrel lengths by using a six inch Desert Eagle against lets say a 14" lever gun 44M. My factory ammo on my desk here is 1600 FPS/1650 FT LBS out of a six inch. The other day I retrieved a 50 AE JHP out of six 1100 page hard cover books, the bullet expanded to 1 and 1/2 inches - much more expansion on a 50 AE hollowpoint over 44 Magnum.

customizedcreationz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    MI
    I wasnt much of a DE fan, but I recently redid this DE and I have to admit, it had me wanting one !

They are low recoil because of the heft and that makes it nice. I just sold my .500 SW 4" because the recoil SUCKED ! Definitely not something I would carry ( either one ).

If I have spare cash someday and find a cheap enough DE, then I would pick one up. But the price of them is just a little too much for a shoot once and then admire gun , atleast for me.

Cool guns none the less though.

600_Desert_Eagle_Raw_Edit_final.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    How does the gun opperate with revolver cartridges?

If I had loads of cash to burn, I think I'd want one, and maybe try and hunt some deer for fun, but intill I hit the lottery. . . .

Top Bottom