APOD Firearms

Detroit Police Chief gets it. Warns criminals of armed citizens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Old story and doesn't help anyone. He doesn't exert any influence on those who try to destroy the 2nd Amendment, or organize folks to flex that right.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The police chief, like many others, took a politically sensitive job. As a rank and file member of another department, he never had to take a public stance on gun ownership.

Now that he is in the hot seat, he knows Detroit is in its death throes. There are not enough police to deter crime or bring offenders to justice.

He has thrown his hands up in despair, and finally realized that armed citizens can do more for their own safety than his pitiful police force.

Welcome to reality, Top Cop!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It is when it comes from someone who has refused to accept reality for most of their life.

Probably someone who runs in circles that refuse to listen to most self defense advocates but may begin to think when hearing it from one of their own.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Ever been to Detroit? It's a decaying sewer falling apart around its citizens. I suggest that the chief recognized that keeping the inhabitants safe was impossible without giving them the means to protect themselves. The city is bankrupt and cannot increase the presence of LEO's. What else is left but self protection?

Flash

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    It is when it comes from someone who has refused to accept reality for most of their life.

Probably someone who runs in circles that refuse to listen to most self defense advocates but may begin to think when hearing it from one of their own.
    He runs with libtards. just because he's seen the light, doesn't mean they will listen to logic.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Ever been to Detroit? It's a decaying sewer falling apart around its citizens. I suggest that the chief recognized that keeping the inhabitants safe was impossible without giving them the means to protect themselves. The city is bankrupt and cannot increase the presence of LEO's. What else is left but self protection?

Flash

There was only self protection to begin with, a LEO will never be there when you need them and when seconds count they are only minutes away at best.
    I really don't care how late he is to the party, the fact that he is advocating for gun ownership is enough for me.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I dont get it. We push for these types of guys to change their views, they do, and then that aint good enough? I see it as a good thing, every little bit helps.

Top Bottom