• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Not saying that they didn't buy that, but be careful with following too closely to Alex Jones. He has a tendency to find ways to make things seem more sinister then they might actually be.

A very real possibility here is that DHS has a budget every year. If they spend all that money, they will pretty much be guaranteed to get that same or more the following year. If they aren't spending it all, then you could argue their funds could be cut. This could just be a way for them to spend their money and invest in something they'll be able to use. I'm not a huge fan of DHS, but when dealing with things Alex Jones says, I find there's probably a more rational explanation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I don't buy into the Alex Jones conspiracy crap but I do see a problem with DHS buying this much ammo repeatedly, no matter the reason. Why should they be better armed than us, especially when the government that runs them is currently trying to find a way to take ours guns and ammo away.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    DHS is also the entity giving grants to local PDs to go all military style with APCs and whatnot.

I'm cool with cops, cool with the military. They should be very separate entities.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    This particular order is for the FLETC in New Mexico. I have no problem seeing them going through this amount of ammo in training. At least this RFP was for training ammo and not hollow points.... Alex Jones needs to loosen up his tin foil beanie every now and again to let what he has left of a brain get some blood circulation in it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think he prompts good and valid discussions. Following his every word and constantly being freaked out isn't productive.

Kind of odd how we so readily accept something like the DHS though. Almost a $100,000,000,000 budget? Why?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.

Well at least now I know how much I'll need for my personal stockpile!!! :p "I'm gonna need a bigger home!"

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I think he prompts good and valid discussions. Following his every word and constantly being freaked out isn't productive.

Kind of odd how we so readily accept something like the DHS though. Almost a $100,000,000,000 budget? Why?

Yeah talk about the kid who cried wolf.

I am not a fan of DHS. I really see them as Odumbass' Gestapo. But it isn't unbelievable that even before DHS existed when the DoJ ran the FLETC they would shoot that much ammo in a year.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why is it so outside of bounds to question a national police force with a $100 billion budget?

I think NOT questioning how they are spending that money is suspect.

There are a LOT of personalities on this forum. I've personally been told I was wasting my life because I'm paranoid.

I don't question too much DHS buying a ton of training ammo, if anything I wonder if they are preparing for something that could cause the ammo shortage to get even worse. Maybe they new there would be a big push for gun control which would cause a shortage so they tried to be ahead of the wave when they made their last huge order.

There are also some who are quick to bring up a tin foil shortage when someone questions the government or certain agencies.

I never payed much attention to Alex Jones until I saw the videos posted from his visit to Tactical firearms and his appearance on PM. I personally think he goes a little too far. I think this might be one of those cases. Something to watch and know about, but not what it's being made out to be.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Wal Mart is getting low on tin foil. You better hurry and stock up. :rolleyes:

You seem a guy that is seemingly grounded in fact based on my interpretation of your posts. May I ask why you can't even consider the possibility that our government is out of control and potentially preparing, in incremental steps, to ensure a total police state?

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Alex Jones brings up legitimate things to talk about, but he goes about it in the wrong way, and as such he ends up turning away more people than not. I've listened to him before, and read his site, and there are things that they talk about that is really concerning, especially when referencing from outside sources. But you seldom hear him talking without mentioning the illuminati or New World Order or crap like that. Who knows? Maybe he's on to something with that, but every stinkin time the man talks it's about that stuff. Even if that stuff is true, not every little thing that happens on this planet is tied around that. Give it a break, dude.

Top Bottom