Patriot Mobile

Did Anybody Go To Best Of The West Full Auto Friday?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Worked at a retailer for it, great time and everyone I saw seemed to be having a great time!

Only real negative I heard is the mini gun broke down, but they were offering refunds to anyone who had purchased a ticket for it!

Lots of brass to be reloaded!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    Nice to hear. I was a bit strapped for cash this year but will plan to go next year then.

Went to the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot in Albany, Oregon two years ago and had a blast with MP5, MG42, and M249 SAW. That was a pretty fun experience and would like to do that again sometime. I hear there's also a nice MG shoot in Wyandotte, OK annually.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I had to work but I bet it was awesome.

How was the pricing there? Closer to $50 for 10 rounds or $10 for 50 rounds? Just curious as I know the rest of the ammo is free with a shooter's ticket this weekend.

I hit Knob Creek last April and it was awesome. I didn't shoot and don't really care to but that place is something every serious gun person should see.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How often does BOTW have a ticket-selling full auto event? is there a schedule? or a date for the next one?
    This event is once a year. Look up Texas Firearms Festival.

Not sure if they do any other events. This one is still happening today but the full auto part is over I believe.

RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    How often does BOTW have a ticket-selling full auto event? is there a schedule? or a date for the next one?

I was looking at the BOTW website this weekend:
    http://www.texasshootingrange.com/

On the Events Page there is a link to Machine Gun Rentals.
    Connects to a company on-site at the range called Ballistic Ops where you can rent a variety of full auto firearms Wed - Sun.
    Planning to check them out when I go to the general range the first time. Overdue for some MP5 trigger time.

Also it's a long ways away but what looks to be a great MG shoot is held annually in Wyandotte, OK:
    http://www.oklahomafullauto.com/

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I had to work but I bet it was awesome.

How was the pricing there? Closer to $50 for 10 rounds or $10 for 50 rounds? Just curious as I know the rest of the ammo is free with a shooter's ticket this weekend.

I hit Knob Creek last April and it was awesome. I didn't shoot and don't really care to but that place is something every serious gun person should see.
    Friday was open to VIPs only, I think the tickets were pricey but they kept the number of attendees done (~200 from what iI heard) so lines/wait times were short!

Rumor has it the event didn't do as well as anticipated and may not return next year.....I encourage everyone to call those in charge and make sure that doesn't happen ....then buy tickets!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Friday was open to VIPs only, I think the tickets were pricey but they kept the number of attendees done (~200 from what iI heard) so lines/wait times were short!

Rumor has it the event didn't do as well as anticipated and may not return next year.....I encourage everyone to call those in charge and make sure that doesn't happen ....then buy tickets!

Weren't they $800 or so each?

What did ammo run for the full auto event? WM prices?

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Weren't they $800 or so each?

What did ammo run for the full auto event? WM prices?
    I honestly don't know what the prices were for tickets!

I think ammo was included in ticket price! Minigun was the only thing that cost extra from what I heard!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I honestly don't know what the prices were for tickets!

I think ammo was included in ticket price! Minigun was the only thing that cost extra from what I heard!

Full Auto Friday was ticket plus ammo cost for all guns. That is what they advertised anyways. Saturday and Sunday ammo was included.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Full Auto Friday was ticket plus ammo cost for all guns. That is what they advertised anyways. Saturday and Sunday ammo was included.
    Ooooooh, I did not know that!

I never saw anyone buying ammo so I have no idea what it was going for!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    To get into Full Auto Friday, you had to have a VIP ticket. Then you had to buy ammo, specifically you had to buy their Sinterfire ammo. I was told, but can't confirm, that going rate was 40 cents per round, but loaded to ten rounds max per magazine.

The minigun broke down. I'm not sure if anyone got to shoot it. Because they have so many moving parts, miniguns break down, jam, or have stoppages all the time, fyi.

Full auto Friday was a new event this year.

During the first Texas Gun Fest two years ago, multiple vendors were allowing full auto during the Saturday and Sunday fest. I brought my own machine guns and let some of the guys, who I personally knew, at some of the vendor bays shoot my machine guns.

During the first TGF, slide fire/Bumpfire was letting people demo their civilian legal 'machine gun' bullet hose. Same thing over at the Silencer Shop and Brethren Armament bay, where they were giving people a taste of full auto. All this for no extra charge. It was pretty sweet.

Then last year, during the second TGF, some guy didn't know how to handle a machine gun and launched rounds over the berm and into 'sensitive' areas. That put an end to full auto during the main show.

So this year, they decided that people love full auto enough to have a day dedicated to full auto. According to the Sinterfire vendor, they completely sold out of ammo. They had 40,000 rounds.

I hope they allow full auto next year during Saturday and Sunday. If you've ever been to BOTW, there are tac bays that don't face the parking lot, so even if the rounds get over the berm, they'll land in empty fields. Use those for full auto. It would help attendance.

Btw, the TGF prices on Full Auto Friday were actually pretty fair. At 40 cents per round, that would come out to a pro rata $12 for a 30 round magazine (limit the shooter to ten rounds per mag).

For comparison, here is a pic of the prices for last weeks Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot. $50 for a 30 round mag!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom