• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Hollywood is so lost in its cliches it isn't even funny. I don't think I've ever seen a sub flick (even modern ones) where they don't have active sonar pinging in the background...even aboard a modern attack sub or boomer.

sisko.jpg
    Target Sports

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hollywood is so lost in its cliches it isn't even funny. I don't think I've ever seen a sub flick (even modern ones) where they don't have active sonar pinging in the background...even aboard a modern attack sub or boomer.

sisko.jpg

yeah that is pretty much insta death.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    Like what has already been described, it's most often referred to as "seeing with cops eyes." Same thing is true if you've undergone specialized training in the military, and in civilian life you pick up on security/clandestine things that the general public is completely blind to observing.

After over thirty years away from LE, I still scan the crowd when out in public. Even old, fat and greybearded, when my scan crosses with an active officer, I still get an acknowledgement from him/her.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys would love Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt. Lugosi died in the middle of filming and the guy they replaced him with was at least a foot and a half taller than Lugosi. Funny as hell to watch the replacement standing around, hunched over with the cape in front of his face. His eyes and upper face looked nothing like Lugosi, either.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Actually, he died filming a completely different movie for Wood. Old Ed then took the Lugosi footage and wrote the script for Plan 9 around it so he could cash in on the whole,"Bela Lugosi's last film!" angle.

Another Wood/Lugosi masterpiece is Glen or Glenda? Highly recommended.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Actually, he died filming a completely different movie for Wood. Old Ed then took the Lugosi footage and wrote the script for Plan 9 around it so he could cash in on the whole,"Bela Lugosi's last film!" angle.

Another Wood/Lugosi masterpiece is Glen or Glenda? Highly recommended.

kinda like how curly did a lot of 3 stooges sketches after he died.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Funniest thing I ever saw in a Three Stooges movie was when they went into the lawyer's office, and the sign on the door said: Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe.

Top Bottom