• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I bought some bullets from a fellow on TGTrader who was getting out of the reloading business. Got a decent deal on the bullets and an ok deal on some powder.

Anyway, I thought all 55FMG-BT's were the same, but it appears they are not.
    View attachment 9802 View attachment 9803
    The one on the right is the one's I bought. The one on the left is what is left of a batch I bought off of Graf's. It is a touch shorter and the cannula is placed more proximal. The base is rounded, rather than a rough, crimped look of the other ones. Overall, they look much nicer. I'm looking forward to seeing how they shoot.

PS: I'm also so ready for deer season. Down to one pound of deer meat. ::(:
    View attachment 9804
    Gun Zone Deals

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    There can be a lot of difference in bullets. When you load these, be sure and reset your seater plug because I'll guarantee the ogive is different, and the seating depth will be different between the two styles of bullets. I've found as much as .050 difference in seating depths on different makers.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    1 pound? thats barely enough for me, what are you gonna have?

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    You should see the Privi 55g SP's from Grafs. They don't match anything I have or have seen, but the shoot extremely well. Best load I have for them is a Terminator load. Nice groups. You using 55g's on Bambi? I like a heavier slug. I have some 64g SP's and 70g SPs I prefer and 70g TSX that worked well..Bambi bit it fast, but the SP did much better. I have had zero luck finding a worked up load I liked with the 53g TSX's.

I still have at least 50# left.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Saw the box, assumed they were 53's based on the conversation. My bad. :p

I have some of those and wasn't happy with the way they exited. Guess I am used to SP's that do not exit. The damage the TSX's did was substantial, but still only half of the damage the SP's delivered.

Top Bottom