Capitol Armory ad

Diffrence between 5.56x45mm NATO M855 & XM855?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StillHere86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    TX
    Hello all I am seeking some knowledge hopefully yall can help. I may be overthinking this but can I use safely fire 5.56x45mm NATO XM855 rounds through a rifle chambered for 5.56x45mm NATO M193, M855, SS109 & MK262? Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The 'x' identifies it as not fit for duty ammo, basically its the military's version of range ammo. It is not different that then m855 except they used to use spent brass to make it.

Sorce: took an ammo course in the Army to burn a week durring safety stand down.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Your gun is chambered in 5.56x45 NATO, which means that it can shoot .223 Remington and 5.56x45 Nato rounds. M855, M193 are all 5.56x45 Nato rounds.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    The 'x' identifies it as not fit for duty ammo, basically its the military's version of range ammo. It is not different that then m855 except they used to use spent brass to make it.

Sorce: took an ammo course in the Army to burn a week durring safety stand down.

According to Federal, the X designation means it was produced for the commercial market. It is produced from new components, not spent brass or rejects as many like to say. Source: Federal Ammunition and the cases of it sitting on my shelf with brand new bullets in brand new LC brass. I heard a bunch of hogwash when I was in the Army, too.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    According to Federal, the X designation means it was produced for the commercial market. It is produced from new components, not spent brass or rejects as many like to say. Source: Federal Ammunition and the cases of it sitting on my shelf with brand new bullets in brand new LC brass. I heard a bunch of hogwash when I was in the Army, too.

Yep. I've got some XM193 around here, same thing. Loaded mil spec, new brass. Just loaded for the commercial market.

Top Bottom