• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Suprising I have not seen a thread on this yet. Anyone else a little ticked off that we lost so many channels, and good channels at that. I know they will fix the issue but they have blacked out the main channels I watch. Pisses me off. SPIKE is even gone.. Geez. If you go to the channels they are explaining what is going on and the day before they were to be blacked out I seen something I never have. During the normal programming at the bottom VIACOM was running text stating to call Directv so you dont loose all these stations. Then directly under their text Directv ran text stating their issue with Viacom and how they were asking for 1 Billion more dollars and that would be a 30% increase in peoples bill. Crazy when it was happening.

DirecTV (DTV, Fortune 500) customers lost access to 19 channels owned by Viacom (VIA), including Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central, at around midnight Tuesday
    Target Sports

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    It happens at least twice a year with almost every TV provider. About 6 months ago it was all Fox networks. With fox it was handled the same day the channels were lost so it wasn't that big of a break in programing but i dont know how long this one will last. Every year when contracts come up for renegotiations the companies want more money or they will pull their channels most of the time it gets worked out.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I can live without Viacom. Most of the channels aren't very good and have gotten worse over time, not better. Certainly not enough to warrant a raise.

Go DirectTV

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    The only one of those channels I'll miss is Spike. Are they going to lower the price since I subscribed to that package?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Suprising I have not seen a thread on this yet. Anyone else a little ticked off that we lost so many channels, and good channels at that. I know they will fix the issue but they have blacked out the main channels I watch. Pisses me off. SPIKE is even gone.. Geez. If you go to the channels they are explaining what is going on and the day before they were to be blacked out I seen something I never have. During the normal programming at the bottom VIACOM was running text stating to call Directv so you dont loose all these stations. Then directly under their text Directv ran text stating their issue with Viacom and how they were asking for 1 Billion more dollars and that would be a 30% increase in peoples bill. Crazy when it was happening.

DirecTV (DTV, Fortune 500) customers lost access to 19 channels owned by Viacom (VIA), including Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central, at around midnight Tuesday

What channels are good? Cause those 3 in red sure are not.

Top Bottom