• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Rodney King is that you? I already stated I wouldn't respond to pharmaco anymore in this thread so whatever. If you don't like the thread, just unsubscribe?
    Still relevant to the OP because you know how we are thugs and have anger problems and have to always be right. I am surprised the deputy didn't pistol whip the poor LTC guy with his own gun in E. Texas.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    It really is too bad that the OP's friend won't name the county or surrounding area.

Then again, I consider everything East of the San Gabriel to be Louisiana, and I stay away

Yeah, I'm just going to to try and be a voice of reason...
    You're both right, and a little wrong.
    It depends on the situation, and we're ALL imagining the worst situation when we read something on the internet.
    I've read both sides, and can see each of your points, when viewed from the same "angle".
    Stop trying to argue and find a way to agree... or just shut the **** up.
    Just my take, feel free to jump all over me for it.
    Hahah, +1.
    I was only addressing the flagrant problems with the logic behind the arguments, not the arguments themselves.
    Can't really have a healthy discussion if someone's way of thinking is fundamentally flawed, right?

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I asked a simple Q (twice) and you still don't answer it but respond with sarcasm. I guess I touched a nerve. It's like me telling my dentist how to fill a cavity because well I've had a cavity before. I still get amazed at how stubborn some folks on a forum can be and the hostility towards LE. It's a lot easier to say, "Hey you might be right because I have never been in that situation. Thanks for explaining a different perspective I didn't know about." Nope, just easier to be a *ick.

Show me one quote where I was hostile to LEO's.

Quite the opposite if you have read my posts on various topics related to LEO's on this forum.

Are they all perfect? Nope. They come from the general population, so there will be some bad apples just like in the general population.

Your maturity is not only reflected in your approach to people you stop, but also in how you resort to the most juvenile name calling.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I think one thing we're all forgetting is that the cop that pulls you over may not be a "gun guy"

LEOs:

What's the best way to stay safe if we're pulled over by a cop that has only ever touched their service weapon?

If they flag you with the muzzle with their finger inside the trigger guard, should you just silently move out of the way, or let them know?

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Show me one quote where I was hostile to LEO's.

Quite the opposite if you have read my posts on various topics related to LEO's on this forum.

Are they all perfect? Nope. They come from the general population, so there will be some bad apples just like in the general population.

Your maturity is not only reflected in your approach to people you stop, but also in how you resort to the most juvenile name calling.

Your hostile to LE at least in this thread because you have some people with experience doing it and you saying no that ain't how it works. Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions are right. You are also hostile because I asked you twice a simple Q but rather than answer and show your inexperience in the matter, you continue on with the sarcasm.
    You can call me a lot of things but that doesn't mean it is true and seeing that you don't know me let alone actually see me work on multiple stops you calling me immature is based on chit.
    No one likes being called a *ick, I get it but you said it doesn't bother you. We could have continued talking about how LEOs should deal with a..holes but I think your stubbornness won't let you admit you were wrong.

So to sum up, you with no experience in LE think you should be nice to POS on a stop. You also don't want to answer a Question that would disprove your point and you apparently never resort to name calling. Me, with 20 yrs as a LEO, and another 5 as a civil Inv. Thinks treating POS different from civilians is the right thing to do and I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I show respect to the uniform. A person has to earn respect.
    +1

Furthermore, I can't remember where I read it, but there's also the issue of that a person means when they say "respect."

I'm paraphrasing here, but it gets the idea right:
    What respect means is "I treat you like a citizen and a person, and expect you to l treat me the same"
    This is good and correct.

For a tiny, tiny minority of bad apple LEOs, (including the sheriff from the OP, in my opinion) they seem to think respect means, "treat me as an authority figure and I'll then treat you like a human and citizen"
    This is a falsehood that cannot lead anywhere good.

A sheriff breaking or bending a law that allows a LEO to disarm a citizen based on a dangerous situation, just because he feels like it, fits that bill.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sharkey,

I watch every episode of "Live PD" and in many of them, LEO's are verbally given a lot of sass.

One particular one is where my favorite officer, Rebecca Loeb is chewed out by a woman and officer Loeb stays calm.

The woman does nothing illegal, but is very pissed and verbally acts like a complete pos, but officer Loeb remains calm and deliberative.

Later she states putting up with this sort of tongue lashing is all part of the job.

Do you think this is strictly for the camera?

If off camera, she'd react differently?

She'd maybe find something she could use to punish the verbally offensive woman?

I ask this in sincerity..

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Some of the Leo's on the show state, after the fact, that had the individual acted differently they would have gotten a ticket and been on their way.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Sharkey,

I watch every episode of "Live PD" and in many of them, LEO's are verbally given a lot of sass.

One particular one is where my favorite officer, Rebecca Loeb is chewed out by a woman and officer Loeb stays calm.

The woman does nothing illegal, but is very pissed and verbally acts like a complete pos, but officer Loeb remains calm and deliberative.

Later she states putting up with this sort of tongue lashing is all part of the job.

She'd maybe find something she could use to punish the verbally offensive woman?

Need more info. How did they come in contact where she's getting chewed out, traffic stop or what? You state she has done nothing illegal. Last time I checked yelling, screaming, cursing and it general being an ass to the point it's attracting the attention of bystanders is the description of Disturbing the Peace. If no-one else is around it's not. You can't disturb the peace of a police officer, figure that one out. Either way the officer is polite. Part of the job.

If a traffic stop, politely gather the information to issue a ticket and write it. Refuse to provide needed info and it's called "Failure to ID". Ask them to sign it (which is not an admission of guilt, just a promise to appear). If they refuse you have 2 choices, place them in jail or write refused to sign on the ticket and give them their copy. If #2 if they tear it up or just wad it up and throw it out the window at you. Again 2 choices. Go to jail for littering or smile real big and thank them for their courtesy and walk away. Of course that's after they pick up their trash.

As you can see it's all about the person giving the officer different options at each step. The officer didn't make the options but has the choices to choose from. You made them not the officer. And that's not near all the choices you can give an officer, just samples.

Remember there is a reason you are having a conversation with the officer to begin with.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    In the hypo business we was taught to always be as courteous to the violator as possible. It was not nice to be accused of taking enforcement action based on a persons attitude. Nearly always tried to give them a break on traffic work. Was good to keep from having a to go to court a lot. The truck drivers always pisisng and moaning about speeding tickets..so we often wrote them up for defective mudflaps or sometimg. Reduce the speed down from 80 to 70 cause da judge charged per mile over lol. Try to turn the drunk driver cars over to somebody else as opposed to calling a wrecker and such things. Now some folks just dont like being treated courteously.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Your hostile to LE at least in this thread because you have some people with experience doing it and you saying no that ain't how it works. Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions are right. You are also hostile because I asked you twice a simple Q but rather than answer and show your inexperience in the matter, you continue on with the sarcasm.
    You can call me a lot of things but that doesn't mean it is true and seeing that you don't know me let alone actually see me work on multiple stops you calling me immature is based on chit.
    No one likes being called a *ick, I get it but you said it doesn't bother you. We could have continued talking about how LEOs should deal with a..holes but I think your stubbornness won't let you admit you were wrong.

So to sum up, you with no experience in LE think you should be nice to POS on a stop. You also don't want to answer a Question that would disprove your point and you apparently never resort to name calling. Me, with 20 yrs as a LEO, and another 5 as a civil Inv. Thinks treating POS different from civilians is the right thing to do and I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

Not even worth refuting.

To be honest, I think you may be a mall cop (at best) parading as a LEO on an internet forum.

Have a great weekend and feel free to have the last word.

Last edited:

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    I think one thing we're all forgetting is that the cop that pulls you over may not be a "gun guy"

LEOs:

What's the best way to stay safe if we're pulled over by a cop that has only ever touched their service weapon?

If they flag you with the muzzle with their finger inside the trigger guard, should you just silently move out of the way, or let them know?
    You should freeze, shut up, keep hands visible and follow directions. If there is any education needed it should come from the officers superior not you.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Sharkey,

I tried to watch Live PD but honestly can't. I like Cops better. To answer your Q, it depends. I think there are a lot of factors at play, the camera being one. Differences btw agencies, specifically East coast and West coast (I think West coast is way ahead in tactics and professionalism) and also differences between city police and county deputies as well as the size of the agencies and the population size they patrol.

Also it should be again stated that in the 90s when I wore a uniform and now was a different time for both police and society. I tell my wife now, I could never patrol in a uniform. It has changed that much and not for the better. There were no body cams or tasers when I patrolled.

I was 5'4 and 125 when I was in uniform. It benefitted me to NOT get in a scrap with someone. That said, you can't allow scroatbags to take charge. Bad chit happens when that occurs. A..holes deserve the extra ticket, deserve the trip to jail (if charges are evident), and deserve to be treated differently than a respectful citizen. The fact that I still have to point this out to some here (not directed at you) is mind numbing especially when they haven't spent a career shagging calls and yet somehow they think I am the angry, thuggish, a..hole.

I might have already stated this but I will repeat it again -
    You know why there are so many a..holes in the world? Because people allow them to get away with it. Of course, this is just a post from a immature name calling mall cop so take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Not even worth refuting.

To be honest, I think you may be a mall cop (at best) parading as a LEO on an internet forum.

Have a great weekend and feel free to have the last word.

Sure, I will take the last word since I gave pharmaco the last word. Of course you can't refute it, it is true. Again, think whatever you want about who I am. YOU still never answered my Q. You find out a lot about a poster by what they write. My replies clearly define me as they do you. Stubborness and ego is a dangerous thing.

Thanks, Saturday was pretty good. Heading to church in a bit, lunch, finish an online class on investing and then a nap so yeah, weekend is looking good.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    You should freeze, shut up, keep hands visible and follow directions. If there is any education needed it should come from the officers superior not you.
    Is it common for an officer's superior to educate them on random firearms they encounter?

How would that be initiated?

In this hypothetical situation where an officer created the risk of a deadly accident, do you think a complaint to the department would be warranted?

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Is it common for an officer's superior to educate them on random firearms they encounter?

How would that be initiated?

In this hypothetical situation where an officer created the risk of a deadly accident, do you think a complaint to the department would be warranted?
    I'm not sure if a complaint is the correct procedure but I would likely at least do an FYI to the person in charge.

Generally you get more accomplished by keeping things on a friendly basis as opposed to unfriendly.

But again, you are just making shit up instead of actually addressing what really happened.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I'm not sure if a complaint is the correct procedure but I would likely at least do an FYI to the person in charge.

Generally you get more accomplished by keeping things on a friendly basis as opposed to unfriendly.

But again, you are just making shit up instead of actually addressing what really happened.
    LMAO!!

Top Bottom