Hurley's Gold

Dissapointed in Jerry Patterson, supporting red flag and additional storage laws

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    On a separate question for my own edification please...I’m always reading or hearing people say that keeping and bearing arms is our “God-given right”. I grew up going to Sunday school and church, but don’t remember the part in the Bible about guns, can someone please point me to that book, chapter, or verse? Thanks!

Take a look at the Constitution and how it's written. Nowhere in the Bill of Rights does it say "The People shall have the right to..." or "The People shall be allowed to...". Instead it says "Congress shall pass no law regarding..." and "The right of the people to...shall not be infringed".

The Constitution does not grant us a single right. It recognizes that we have rights intrinsic to us being human beings - one way of phrasing it is as "a God-given right" - and those rights are not the government's to grant or take away. Another way is to say it's a human right, and the Constitution of the United States was the first document ever used to build a government around the recognition of its citizens' basic human rights - free speech, free religion, the right to keep and bear arms, etc.
    Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom