• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Wonder about the preponderance of ethnic minorities in commercials these days? Companies are now "woke"? Does it help their bottom line? More and more homosexual "couples" being featured in ads; what does this do to a company's bottom line? Inter-racial couples are now the norm with little mixed racial kids prominent. Americans dumb enough to believe this isn't a way of bending society? I guess I would have to say I am not racist but wonder why blacks at 13 percent of the population seem to be the lead in 90 percent of commercials these days. Dunno.

Capitol Armory ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    this has been crammed down our throats for decades. i agree it is especially bad these days though.

in public school in the nineties every story was about a group of kids, one native american, one black kid, one girl (bonus points for black girl) a wheelchair kid, and a dorky red haired white kid with freckles and glasses.

now the black kid has a hot blonde gf, the white kid is a gay bottom for the indian kid, and the wheelchair kid is a liberal arts major a shaved head, a feminine penis and a bone to pick with the patriarchy.

even as a kid when this was several orders of magnitude less intense it always seemed forced to me.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Noticed the same thing a good while back. Fortunately most of the shows I watch are DVR'd so I see very few commercials. I will stop and watch the "Jake from State Farm" commercial every now and then. I think both versions, black and white, are hilarious.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    But kept white Jake in cameo, presumably as a subordinate to black Jake. IDK, maybe that's just my interpretation.

Vash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    this has been crammed down our throats for decades. i agree it is especially bad these days though.

in public school in the nineties every story was about a group of kids, one native american, one black kid, one girl (bonus points for black girl) a wheelchair kid, and a dorky red haired white kid with freckles and glasses.

now the black kid has a hot blonde gf, the white kid is a gay bottom for the indian kid, and the wheelchair kid is a liberal arts major a shaved head, a feminine penis and a bone to pick with the patriarchy.

even as a kid when this was several orders of magnitude less intense it always seemed forced to me.
    It's not gay of she has a cute penis.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Saw that version run once.

I don't know.

How long till the Hershey kisses christmas commercial they have had for decades gets woke and they are all different colors, playing dubstep and the white paper flags are replaced with red ones printed not with HERSHEYS but a yellow hammer and sickle, all while the white background is replaced with a rainbow pattern super imposed on a drag queens bare, badly shaven, poorly augmented chest?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    If you tell the lie often enough it becomes the truth
    If enough people believe your lie it becomes reality. That’s what happened with the virus. Enough people got scared and believed everything shoveled down their throat when in reality it was really no epidemic at all.
    I hope you guys realize how long this type of trauma based mind control and social programming has been going on. If you like to research you should look up and cross reference a man named Edward Bernays. His schemes are directly related to the original post in this thread. He made a living using media and propaganda to push agendas and boost sales for many companies and corporations today. He was the original “used car salesman” PR guy.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Noticed the same thing a good while back. Fortunately most of the shows I watch are DVR'd so I see very few commercials. I will stop and watch the "Jake from State Farm" commercial every now and then. I think both versions, black and white, are hilarious.
    I don’t think it’s amusing when these corporations think we are all idiots and don’t see the lies and agendas they push.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    What bothers me is blacks crying racism when anyone automatically assumes that any alleged perpatrator of a crime is black.
    It's the entire premise that BLM was supposedly founded upon.

Here's the facts:
    In 2010 the US population of blacks was 13%.
    And, in 2010, the US prison population of blacks was 40%.
    Thus, a common-sense conclusion can be drawn: 13% of the US population is responsible for nearly half the crime in the US.

So anyone automatically assuming that any alleged perpatrator of a crime is black is NOT being racist; they are simply applying common-sense rational profiling.
    Edited: stupid spelling autocorrect screw-ups

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It's not gay of she has a cute penis.

Coming from the advertising world...you have no idea how much time was wasted on the racial makeup of talent we used for print and TV. Not to mention the absolutely retarded conversations surrounding it all.

If I never hear the term “racially ambiguous” again, it’ll be too soon...

And yes, showing white men as blithering buffoons is an intentional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Some of you guys seem to care too much about the make up of the cast.

Virtue signaling is a cancer of the left that will consume them first. They change acceptable terms phrases and descriptors so fast they trip themselves up. I couldn't care less about the racial makeup of commercials, I didnt watch them before. That's what fast forward is for.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The wife and I make it a point to avoid buying any products we see that overly present ridiculous or offensive images of "consumers".

When Campbells Soups and others started flooding their ads with homosexuals a couple of years ago, we stopped buying any of their products and have not had one since.

Last month, when we got our weekly Target sales flyer in the mail and 90% of the pages featured nothing but blacks, I sent Target an email telling them that they were being overtly racist and that I was not going to support their discrimination against Asians, Hispanics and Whites by their portrayal of 13% of the population as being the majority. I cut up my Target Red Card and have no intention of shopping there again.

The point the major corporations are trying to make is ludicrous and, as long as they do not see an impact on their bottom line, they will continue to portray themselves as inclusive and sensitive when, in fact, the idiots are overtly discriminating against 87 % of the population. I use every email solicitation for feedback, reviews or questionaires to point out this racist stance they take.

I haven't watched broadcast tv in years, but the cable and pay channels are just as bad and I limit myself to only a couple while avoding the worst (Netflix) like the plague and answering every one of their solicitations by telling them their programming and political stance are costing them my dollars.

I guess it like throwing spitballs at a battleship, but as long as I can produce spit I will keep doing it.

Top Bottom